Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go to school with nothing but, wiggers who are all about thier rice-injected 4-banger pieces of shit and they always call my Bronco an SUV. A few of them say how they hate SUVs (I do to) and they always refer to my truck as just another SUV. Then I tell them it's not an SUV and they say it is and ask me how it's any different from any other SUV. It's starting to piss me off. Have any of you Bronco owners ever dealt with this crap?

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
The Excursion is an SUV, and it's definitely bigger than a Bronco.

Yeah, the Bronco is an SUV. Sport Utility Vehicle. Is a two-door Explorer an SUV? Then a Bronco is too. Doesn't mean it's not cool. At least it's not rice.

Here in Michigan it used to be classed as a Station Wagon.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
An Suv:

Sport

Utility

Vehicle

I consider my Bronco, and four wheelin, my "sport". you may like shuffleboard. thats your problem.

I "utilize" my bronco everyday. to tow with, to haul $hit, what ever.

It is definitely a "vehicle".

what do you think :shrug

·
Registered
279 Posts
On my "new to me" 1990 Bronco,
i found "MPV" on the sticker in the door jamb (not referring to the Mazda vans),
so you can call it a truck, or a MPV, or a SUV, whatever you want since it is your vehicle.

Just remeber that with ricers being usually lowered, you can drive over them easier!;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Tell them they can kiss your A$$, and if theyre dumb enough to hit you head-on they deserve to die. I get tired of people driving crackerboxes and then expecting everyoone else to so they feel safer. I drive a VW Rabbit, but I dont drive around with my head op my A$$, So I dont fear SUVs, trucks, and big rigs. As Far as being gas hogs, I dont give a schiest.:goodfinge

·
Registered
528 Posts
Its definitely an SUV.

Its an enclosed truck. An f-150 with a top on the back. Most SUV's are based off of truck frames just like the bronco is, no different.

Out of curiosity... why do you hate SUV's?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Its an SUV. Maybe one of the last true SUVs. Thinking about it here is my criteria....
Things vehicles must have to be an SUV:
front & rear axles
4x Low
steel bumpers (not plastic)

I'm on the fence with the whole truck frame thing. Jeeps meeting the above are still SUVs despite being uni-body.

All other vehicles classified as "SUVs" are glorified mini-vans..... with ground clearance.:goodfinge

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Ford classified the bronco as a MPV, just read the door jamb sticker like dragon said, Multi Purpose Vehicle.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Mogley said:
Ford classified the bronco as a MPV, just read the door jamb sticker like dragon said, Multi Purpose Vehicle.

you just hush and get back to work on your truck. you aint updated since the 20th.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1995Bronco said:
Its definitely an SUV.

Its an enclosed truck. An f-150 with a top on the back. Most SUV's are based off of truck frames just like the bronco is, no different.

Out of curiosity... why do you hate SUV's?
I hate SUVs because they are boring family cars that do nothing exept roll around on 24s at the mall. Most of them have very little offroad capabilities. When was the last time you saw an Expedition or an Escalade covered from top to bottom in mud?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
BeErGuZzLeR1972 said:
I hate SUVs because they are boring family cars that do nothing exept roll around on 24s at the mall. Most of them have very little offroad capabilities. When was the last time you saw an Expedition or an Escalade covered from top to bottom in mud?
i wheel my eddie bauer 4x4 Expedition and now i'm thinking of selling it for a Subaru STI

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
When was the last time you saw an Expedition or an Escalade covered from top to bottom in mud?
when one was behind me:toothless

mpv on tag and owners book, my dads exploder 92 says suv in book. both same year.
i would have to say 1/2ton mpv wagon. my reg tax paper says that

this is like the famous qustion. mr owl how many licks does it take to get to the center of a toostie pop?

the world will never know

thats my 2 cents

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
No !! Broncos (full sized) actually pre-date SUVs

Introduced in 1978 to replace the early Bronco they were known on the street as 4 by 4s (4X4) or off road vehicles. Nancy twotimer housewife drives an SUV, you drive a real 4X4.

BTW the guys who pre-dated wiggers wanted nothing but an off road vehicle in 1978. They were as cool or cooler, to the average street cretan, than ricers are to wiggers now. Heck they were even cooler than customized vans !

Get to the library and look at the kind of advertizements Ford and Dodge had in magazines back then. Muscle cars were dead and gone from showroom floors.

Insurance companies were ensuring no person under 25 was ever gonna operate a vehicle with a manual transmission, V-8, bucket seats, stripes and mag wheels ever again.

Along comes the off road and truck craze and suddenly young people could operate a V-8 powered, striped, manual tranmission equipped vehicle, with mag wheels.

SUVs showed up in the 80s, your Bronco's heritage pre-dates them and is either an off-road vehicle or a 4X4. Wear it with pride, with gas going where it's going you may be the last generation to drive them.

Sixlitre

1 - 20 of 63 Posts