Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Half-Tank or Full-Tank?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick little poll question to help me out a little..

Do you half tank? Or Do you full tank?

Half tanking is what I call it when you drive your car till around a half a tank of gas and than fill it. I find this easiest for 2 reasons... It only takes me about $30-$35 to half-tank my bronco and it doesnt empty your wallet as fast.

Full tanking is when you drive it till empty and force yourself to fill it up all the way. I used to do this all the time with my old car. I would drive it till it needed gas and spend the full amount to fill it back up, more money out of your pocket at one time.

·
Registered
593 Posts
usually i'll half tank it. like you said, less money out of your pocket at once.

but recently since i've picked up my 2nd job (still in highschool) i've been letting it run down to about 1/3 tank before i'll fill it up.

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
I full tank it. Drive her down til I got about 3-5 gallons left and fill it up. You get some increased mileage as your fuel level goes down to... although, probly not enough to really matter....

·
I see Broncos
6,010 Posts
Run 'er till she's empty..

Most fuel at one fill up, 31.8 gallons

·
Registered
237 Posts
Run 'er till she's empty..

Most fuel at one fill up, 31.8 gallons
I always thought we were at 32 gallon tanks but last month I ran it pretty dry from the long stretch between olympia and seattle.
I realized I was pretty low around MLK way (probably the same nastiness in every city associated with this road name).
I waited till seattle by my house to fill up... figured I'd just call the wife for some gas if all else fails cause I didn't wanna stop in da hood and I got 32.4 gallons in the tank... is it possible there are like 35s?

Before assumptions, I fill till the pump turns off I don't keep goosing it and fill up the neck of the tank or anything.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
I never get below a 1/4 tank...I just don't like to take the chance...but you don't have that as a vote option.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I never get below a 1/4 tank...I just don't like to take the chance...but you don't have that as a vote option.
x2

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
I just put 5 gallons in my BKO to fill her up. I have no clue how much is in it since I have no guage, trip guage doesn't work, and I am to lazy to remember the number in the odometer. So I just fill her up every now and then

·
Registered
32 Posts
I can only fill the Bronco to about half a tank. We have fuel thieves, they knock on the tanks to see how full they are then drive a punch through. Besides wife uses the Bronco for commuting to work mostly (6 miles round trip) and half a tank lasts well over 2 weeks :D

·
Administrator
22,838 Posts
fill up before every offroad trip...which means maybe once every couple of months right now...damn I need to get some tires off the pavement soon....

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well last time i filled mine up it was only like 22-25 gallons and it filled it.. since than ive halfed it the whole time..

EDIT*

My tank is a 23 gallon tank.. so at $2.85 per gallon = $65-$70 to fill it... $30-$35 to half tank it..

1 - 20 of 41 Posts