Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know of some good trails that are close to the sacramento area. I really do not want to drive all the way down to Hollister Hills. I know there is Carnegie and Parie City, but those are nothing. I mean a descent trail not a freakin' fire road. The snow is really low right now and I would prefer not to go in the snow(if possible). Please help!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone know of any good trails in the George Town(Rock creek) area open now?

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
I dont know of any, and I think I am one of the few from the sac area. check out the local clubs, (RCRC, Gold Hills Posse, etc) they would prolly have a better pile of info for you.

We are going to hollister tomorrow. its not THAT far.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wish I could go to Hollister with you guys tomorrow but I am installing some guys suspension lift tomorrow, so I will be tied up most of the day. Anyone else know of any good trails around sac area?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have heard that there are trails in Paradise, ca, but I have never been up there. Anyone been up there before?

·
Registered
58 Posts
95bronc said:
I need to know of some good trails that are close to the sacramento area. I really do not want to drive all the way down to Hollister Hills. I know there is Carnegie and Parie City, but those are nothing. I mean a descent trail not a freakin' fire road. The snow is really low right now and I would prefer not to go in the snow(if possible). Please help!
Iron mountain road off 50 and sly park for snow
pretty much everything that has been posted

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,920 Posts
iirc there are some trails out on the other side of yuba city but i dont know if it is private or public land. other than what has been listed i am out of places that i know of from when i was there a few years a ago

·
Registered
493 Posts
If there arent any trails where you live MAKE ONE!! :twak

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exactly where are these trails on the otherside of Yuba City? have you ever been there? rock, mud, water, sand?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've been to some outside of Yuba city. These are pretty much fireroads and private property. You could go outside of Oreville, but its pretty much the same.

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
They are in So Cal, but Borrego(off the 78) has several trails that should be open. There was a 4x4 club from Sedonna, AZ running around down there about a week ago.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Have you been to Greenhorn it is about 45 minutes from Auburn? Not a bad place to play for the day

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What is Greenhorn like? Hill climbs, rock or what? Hardcore, mild, or what?

·
Registered
257 Posts
There are some hill climbs, a few good off camber spots, not too much rock that I saw but there is a lot I haven't seen. There is a narrow spot on the river there where the rock comes in on the river to about the width of a truck, supposedly people have driven through that but how I don't know.
You can also ride along the river for quite a while too, it is pretty shallow in most spots

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
how do you get there? Sounds little a cool little spot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts