Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, built 357W, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I need to replace my battery cables and want to do away with the cable clamp style terminals. Anyone have any recommendations for a double battery cable kit with proper battery terminals clamps?

Thanks!

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,737 Posts
Can only help with the battery terminal part. I have been using these now on my stuff
Very solid, hold tight, and offer several options for hooking things up.
If I was doing it, I would by 2 of those (they come with a negative side adapter) and also an amplifer kit like
for the wiring part. It will have stuff you will not need like the RCA cables, but I have found still cheaper to get in kit, vs buying cable by the foot.

·
Registered
445 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I replaced my battery cable ends with these from Amazon. I liked it because I could put cable ends on the battery cables and then fasten them to the battery post clamp. They also have a kit without the cable ends.
Amazon.com: Fastronix Military Spec Battery Terminal Top Post Kit: Automotive
I have been using this setup for over
20 years without issues... for cables I use 00 gauge welding cables the end lugs are both crimped and soldered before applying waterproof heat shrink.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,350 Posts
I have been using this setup for over
20 years without issues... for cables I use 00 gauge welding cables the end lugs are both crimped and soldered before applying waterproof heat shrink.
Ditto, except I used 1/0 welding cable.

Watch soldering welding cable. It is a very good wick and will suck solder up and make the wire outside the terminal very rigid.

Reactions: slimpartywagon
1 - 5 of 5 Posts