Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy 1988 interior top trim (covers bolts for removable top)
They come from a 1988 and I have a 1996

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,318 Posts
They will fit, but i think they mount differently. You may need to swap out to the '91 and back style of bolts and clips for them to work. I know my 85 just uses screws to attach the trim, whereas the 92+ uses push pins.

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
94 XLT 351 E4OD 4" Superlift 88 XLT AOD about to put on 4" Pro Comp lift
2,766 Posts
92+ has a trim panel going up the C pillar as the top has a headliner. The 80-91 trim is more delicate and can get wavy, too.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The mounting clips are different. The 88 will have round holes for the trim to clip in, 92+ has slotted holes for the fasteners. Made it a PITA to go with some removable fasteners that I had bought (that split open in 2 directions to lock in place) as they would rotate and pop out on my 92. Just snatch the mounts out as well if you can to save you the trouble on the fasteners working right, as the locations are the same between body styles and be prepared to fight the bolts on your old top (particularly to the rear) to get them. Alternatively, could bore out the holes on the 88 trim to fit fasteners instead of screws.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts