Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been prepping my bronco to bedline the interior, and currently the only thing in the way is this wire. It’s not currently plugged in, so I hope it’s not something important. Any advice on whether I can get rid of it or ways to move it out of the way (along the ceiling or something) would be appreciated.
Automotive tire Wood Hood Architecture Floor

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On '92-96 models, that is indeed the driver's seat belt wire, so I would agree that's probably what it is on yours.

The other wire bundle that splits off from it and runs over to the passenger side is the right rear speaker wiring on later years.

My seat belt connector had one of the wires clipped by a previous owner, so it did nothing regardless of whether or not the seat belt was in use. I was doing some wiring work recently and traced those two wires through the door sill, back to a main junction behind the e-brake brace. If I remember right, the clipped wire was the power signal and the other one went to a common ground. So, I figured I could clean things up by removing the clipped one at that junction and unbolt the ground one, and nothing would be seen as any different than before. No seat belt buzzers or indicator lights resulted, so I think I guessed right... If earlier years are wired the same way, you could similarly clean yours up.
Thanks, looks like you were correct, whoever put in the aftermarket speakers had completely disconnected it from everything. It’s a little too interwoven with other wires for me to bother following it back to the source and remove completely, but I should be able to tuck it into a panel from here without worries.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts