Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've replaced seat belts twice in my '96 now, (once each side, years apart, different vendors) and both times I was unable to find a set with a proper replacement for the socket end... everybody wants to use elbow brackets and bolts to make a generic part work, but it's missing the "magic"...

In fact, this time, the fitment of the socket end was so bad (the bolt that joined the angle bracket to the belt was going to tear my seat's leather), that I'm still using the original until I can get some better hardware.

Does anyone make a real "bronco" appropriate seatbelt socket replacement? I'm not even picky about color... generic black would work just fine.

·
Super Moderator
27,700 Posts
I've replaced seat belts twice in my '96 now, (once each side, years apart, different vendors) and both times I was unable to find a set with a proper replacement for the socket end... everybody wants to use elbow brackets and bolts to make a generic part work, but it's missing the "magic"...

In fact, this time, the fitment of the socket end was so bad (the bolt that joined the angle bracket to the belt was going to tear my seat's leather), that I'm still using the original until I can get some better hardware.

Does anyone make a real "bronco" appropriate seatbelt socket replacement? I'm not even picky about color... generic black would work just fine.
Yo Big
Ask @ Ford Bronco Seat Belts | Ford Replacement 3 Point Seat Belts

Reactions: TorqueO

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn... total search fail on my part... I was sure I'd checked Bronco Graveyard... and those are less expensive than the one I finally purchased.

Ah well, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
27,700 Posts
Damn... total search fail on my part... I was sure I'd checked Bronco Graveyard... and those are less expensive than the one I finally purchased.

Ah well, thanks!
Yo Big,
Check graveyards shipping costs.

·
Registered
1987 Ford Bronco, beefed up 351w, JBG HD rear springs, JBG 4” coil, 10.25 rear posi, Dana 44 posi
385 Posts
We’re your seatbelts more sensitive then stock on locking up. My passenger is very bad, you have to go very slow for it to not lock up. My driver side is better and you don’t have to go very slow but you can’t do it like a normal cars speed. Also the rear belts it came with didn’t even have retractors so I just kept the stock ones. I got mine from seatbeltplanet.com I’m pretty sure.

Reactions: canuckistan97

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also got mine from Seatbeltplanet. The retractor doesn't have issues with pulling at normal speed (at least the passenger one I've installed so far), but there were minor fitment issues all around.

Never replaced the rears. I've only carried a back-seat passenger once in the entire time I've owned the car.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I have to slap my driver side belt lock several times every time I fasten it to get it to lock. Been meaning to get another one out of the junk yard of any color until I can find the correct color to match what I have.

·
Super Moderator
27,700 Posts
I have to slap my driver side belt lock several times every time I fasten it to get it to lock. Been meaning to get another one out of the junk yard of any color until I can find the correct color to match what I have.
Yo N2,
For a YARD SEARCH on-line, I use;
Hollander Quality Replacement Parts | Find Used Auto Parts | Online Locator
A yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped including some Canadian yards.
"...For over eighty years, Hollander has been making the best tool for fast, interchangeable part matches. The new Edition Hollander Interchange contains more interchangeable options than ever before.
The Hollander Interchange provides auto recyclers and auto collectors, rebuilders, and others with the easiest and most comprehensive solution for identifying interchangeable auto parts..." See their yard Directory @ Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts
Can select a certain part, such as in this instance,
Your Search: 1995 >Ford > Bronco > Interior > Seat Belt Front > Alternate Seat Belt Front
Matching Parts
For example,

Call for Price

Contact Us
B & K Auto Salvage
64190 Ore. Highway 203 LaGrande, OR 97850
[email protected]
541-963-6744

·
Registered
211 Posts
We’re your seatbelts more sensitive then stock on locking up. My passenger is very bad, you have to go very slow for it to not lock up. My driver side is better and you don’t have to go very slow but you can’t do it like a normal cars speed. Also the rear belts it came with didn’t even have retractors so I just kept the stock ones. I got mine from seatbeltplanet.com I’m pretty sure.
My belts from JBG are that way. Super annoying. If I were doing it again, I'd just sent the OEs off to be rebuilt with black webbing.

·
Registered
1993 F150 XLT 302 MAF A/T 4x4 2.5" Lift
247 Posts
Oh sweet! Good thread. I've been looking for seat belts too. Mine just don't work anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts