Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know much about transmissions but i was told my problems may be caused by a vacuum leak any help will be much appreciated

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I dont know much about transmissions but i was told my problems may be caused by a vacuum leak any help will be much appreciated

Will if you have a c6 tranny, it uses a vacuum actuator for the shifter. All EEC systems uses some of vacuum to control engine management .

If you have a vacuum leak, it's best to fix that before moving forward. Use the proper means to ID and ensure no leaks & then looking at your transmission.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
a 91 bronco will have a E4OD, it does not use vacuum for shifting, it is all controlled electronically.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
Not technically, but if you have big vacuum leaks, it would cause the engine to run so poorly, that a new driver might notice it shifting weirdly. I fixed a 2002 Taurus with 4 broken vacuum hoses, the computer gave us TPS, O2 & torque converter codes.
http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=93

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
:stupid Just like most malfunctions, the symptoms are almost always many-fold, and don't always point right to the source. This is why diagnosis & proper testing are important, as well as appropriate service.

·
Registered
151 Posts
One can of brake clean and a little gas to run vehicle while spraying vacuum lines. Follow each line and spray them with a cheap can of carb or brake clean if u hit the leak the engine will idle up or down depending on the type of leak. Time consuming but it works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts