Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trucks removable top has had an issue with water pooling on the inside of it. (all over the top of the roof).. My dad said it was probably just Sweat because fiberglass sweats alot... well, today i got in their and noticed the whole back seat is soaking wet (and the roof is pooled up)...

Is this just sweat...or do i have leaks?... any idea on the cheapest way to patch the roof?

thanks.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
im gunna have to say there is a leak somewhere. I dont recal my cap ever "sweating." you can probobly find one somewhere around you really cheap. most people have trouble giving caps away.(i had one for over a year and it just finally got scooped up last weekend.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Harmful_if_swollowed said:
My trucks removable top has had an issue with water pooling on the inside of it. (all over the top of the roof).. My dad said it was probably just Sweat because fiberglass sweats alot... well, today i got in their and noticed the whole back seat is soaking wet (and the roof is pooled up)...

Is this just sweat...or do i have leaks?... any idea on the cheapest way to patch the roof?

thanks.

The only time I've noticed mine sweating, is when we "slept" in the back, with all the windows rolled up.

I would guess that you have a leak, cuz that sound like too much water. I would start checking your seals for the removable top, b4 I thought about patching any fiberglass.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, this happens when the truck is locked up in the pouring rain (noones in it).

Would a leak make puddles ALL over the roof? (i mean the thing is pretty much covered with little pools of water on every side)

I realize this is a very dumb question...but what do i look for when checking the seals...just holes in it?

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
yea, this happens when the truck is locked up in the pouring rain (noones in it).

Would a leak make puddles ALL over the roof? (i mean the thing is pretty much covered with little pools of water on every side)

I realize this is a very dumb question...but what do i look for when checking the seals...just holes in it?

My dumb ass would prolly just have someone pour water along the seams, to see where i was coming from, and then I'd just clean up the mess it made.

Someone prolly has a better solution tho.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also.. right where the Seatbelt is on the driver side...the panel right their... theirs water coming out from behind it (you can see it running down the side to a puddle on the floor)... could this be from the roof... or would this be from the Driver side door seal??

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
derrick36 said:
My dumb ass would prolly just have someone pour water along the seams, to see where i was coming from, and then I'd just clean up the mess it made.

Ok, as soon as someone gets home to help me do that im going to try it ( unless a better idea is presented haha)... or if it starts pouring again i will go out and see if that will work haha

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it used too, i think...But i removed it about 2 weeks ago (cut all the way up to the back seat). My back door leaks to though (not sure if that runs off into the truck...just know that when i went to open it up to replace the motor the door had alot of water sitting in it, so im guessing that the door seal is trash....im not sure how much those are or how to install them so i havent gotten a replacement yet.

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts

thanks.
Mine does the same thing

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
The water on the roof is condensation. The water is already in the Bronco from leaks elswhere. It then condenses on the cool top.

The bad window seals on the tailgate is part of the problem. Replace them

Do your rain gutters have crack/Tears in them at the B pillar/Cab roof joint?

·
Registered
784 Posts
after i put fatmat on every surface of my truck, including the top, it sweats certain times and there are little beads of water all over the top. never noticed it w/o the insulation, but its possible. depends on the right conditions.

·
Administrator
22,853 Posts
derrick36 said:

about the best way track down a leak..:rockon

·
Registered
223 Posts
Instead of pouring water, you can have a buddy go to a self-service car wash with you... High pressures sprayin ought to reveal the leak.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wow thats funny. Had the same problem. It wasnt a leak tho. I had gotten the floor wet a few days before because i left the window half open. The inside was soaked but i dried the seats best i could. I noticed the ceiling would be wet the next mornings and also the windows would be slightly in the morning. I drove to tha mall went in for like 10 min to return to a wet roof and windows. Today I stripped her and cheacked roof for leaks.

What i found was my floor was hot. Where my center console used to be. So what was happeneing was the damp floor was creating steam and wetting the windows.

Had happened before in the back mostly when the back was wet after hauling some wet clothes.

I I vacumed up the water and i still get a little fog up because its a bit damp but alot less. Been airing and sunning it out.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
[^_^x] said:
Wow thats funny. Had the same problem. It wasnt a leak tho. I had gotten the floor wet a few days before because i left the window half open. The inside was soaked but i dried the seats best i could. I noticed the ceiling would be wet the next mornings and also the windows would be slightly in the morning. I drove to tha mall went in for like 10 min to return to a wet roof and windows. Today I stripped her and cheacked roof for leaks.

What i found was my floor was hot. Where my center console used to be. So what was happeneing was the damp floor was creating steam and wetting the windows.

Had happened before in the back mostly when the back was wet after hauling some wet clothes.

I I vacumed up the water and i still get a little fog up because its a bit damp but alot less. Been airing and sunning it out.
Get some Arm & Hammer baking soda and sprinkle it all over and let it sit over night. The next morning bust out the shop-vac and clean it all up. This will not only absorb a good deal of the moisture, but will also remove some of the odors associated with the dampness.

·
Registered
548 Posts
The inside of my top is always damp like that in the winter. Summer time it is ok. Hell most of the time it freezes to the top. Then when I drive it it thaws out and refreezes once I park it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ahhhh i love you guys

I saw the lining on my top near the back 2 pillars were a slightly darker shade yesterday and looked on the top to find very small cracks in those areas. The look like could be from the screwed up Dallas whether but it was just enough to let water build and make my lining darker(noticeably)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts