Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well.... went out last night and tried to get the bronco started up, didn't start and it sounded like a dead battery so i put it on the charger, went out 10 minutes later and started it up, let her warm up a bit and got out to go close the garage, then it died like someone turned it off, no weird sounds or clanks. tried to start it back up but she'd click once and nothing would happen... i turned on the dome light and tried to do it again.....clicked once and the dome light shut off for about 30 seconds.....tried it with the headlights - same thing.
i banged on the starter - nothing, i ran a screwdriver from the batt to the solenoid - nothing.
what do ya think?

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
You have a bad connection. Most likely your battery terminals or cable are corroded. If you don't have a terminal cleaner, you can use a poscket knife to whiddle out a little and same for the battery so you have fresh lead on lead.

·
Registered
13,892 Posts
Start with cleaning the terminals on the battery and cables. Have the battery load tested - how old is it? Have the alternator tested - how old is that? And have your voltage regulator tested

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys
I'll work on that in the morning, battery is supposedly new within the last 4 months. alternator is probably the original

btw - I'm atleast the 5th owner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts