Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have found A LOT of great answers on this site, so first of all thank you to all of the previous posters.

Now on to the problem, I went to home depot the other day and left my dog in the truck with the engine running so the heat would work as it was cold out. After shopping for a little while I was joined in the store by my dog... She rolls the windows down and come inside the store!

The big concern is that she will make a mistake and roll her head up in the window, is there a "good" way to hook up a "child lock"?

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Shut off the ignition and take the keys - next time you'll come out and the truck AND the dog will both be gone!
or you could pull fuse 14 - it powers the windows

·
Super Moderator
27,002 Posts
yo our Chow-Chow once tried to drive away; she was able to pull the shifter back, but her right hind toes couldn't hit the brake to complete the shift!

Attachments

·
4:20 Enthusiast!
3,277 Posts
I always leave a window open in the truck when the dogs are on board.I have been locked out more than once.lol
I will not leave it running with them inside.Exhaust always seems to find a way in.If its too cold they stay home.

·
Premium Member
1995 XLT SAS w D44 and D60 rear
3,544 Posts
This is a problem with the Ford design. Consumer reports has been bitchin about iot for years. Do not leave the truck on and the problem goes away. Yake your pup into HD with you to start with. Mine loves that trip.

·
Beach bumming it ........
15,435 Posts
I want to say HD is dog friendly my uncle takes his dog in the one by us. I havent taken ours in there yet. But hell i would not leave my car running with him in there. Windows down a little bit and he is fine.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I always leave a window open in the truck when the dogs are on board.I have been locked out more than once.lol
I will not leave it running with them inside.Exhaust always seems to find a way in.If its too cold they stay home.
x2 for me. In my GTO the door lock button is right behind the shifter next to the parking brake. My dog likes to step on it and lock me out. Always take my keys with me now...

·
Premium Member
1995 XLT SAS w D44 and D60 rear
3,544 Posts
x2 for me. In my GTO the door lock button is right behind the shifter next to the parking brake. My dog likes to step on it and lock me out. Always take my keys with me now...
Some how it is imposable to get them to step on the unlock button.:haha

·
Registered
198 Posts
Some how it is imposable to get them to step on the unlock button.:haha
After 20 minutes of talking to him through the glass trying to get him to walk around and be excited to step on the button again, a friend came with a spare key... Luckily it wasn't a 105 degree TX summer day!

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
I just can't believe someone actually leaves their vehicle running while going into a store.

Dogs are pretty resistant to cold temps anyway. If you have the inside of the truck nice and warm before going in, you could easily be in there an hour or more without it bothering the dog.

Dogs locking vehicles, just hide a spare key on the truck somewhere.

·
OMF
2,957 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts