Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where one can buy a new dome light fixture for a 79? I've checked the usual places and nobody seems to have one or its the wrong style. I'm looking for the chrome one that has the 2 map lights on each side of the dome light. Also looking for a green dash pad. Seems there's every color but green.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Not sure if it’s the same style but you can have it. Needs a little polish.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure if it’s the same style but you can have it. Needs a little polish. View attachment 164105
Yep almost the same. The dome bulb is the only difference. I've removed mine and am going to take it apart to clean. One map light works while other doesn't or the dome. I'll see what happens.

·
Registered
344 Posts
🤙

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,576 Posts
Caird.con has a pretty good selection of dash pad colors

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Caird.con has a pretty good selection of dash pad colors
Yep. They've got every color but green. Same with other places. Not that green's the most popular but it is a Ford color. Thinking about going with gray since it goes with almost everything.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Yep. They've got every color but green. Same with other places. Not that green's the most popular but it is a Ford color. Thinking about going with gray since it goes with almost everything.
You could always dye it. All you need is the color code and @BigBlue 94 knows a couple places that would mix it up for ya

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Or...
You could also recover the one u have with new material/vinyl. Go to a fabric shop Joanne fabric and find what matches or a place that restos boats. Bet they could turn u on to some good uv resistant material to recover a dash. Maybe even get one of those snap on dash covers that goes over your original and recover that... There's a lot of options. Really only limit is what your willing to put into it.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,725 Posts
Hah, ive got a green one, but its in my own truck! Factory original with no cracks.

I dont know of anywhere that does the dyes really. I have the name of the place that did my 85 before i bought it. Its in Colorado Springs.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Hah, ive got a green one, but its in my own truck! Factory original with no cracks.

I dont know of anywhere that does the dyes really. I have the name of the place that did my 85 before i bought it. Its in Colorado Springs.
I coulda sworn I saw u mention something about where to get dyes mixed

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,725 Posts
I coulda sworn I saw u mention something about where to get dyes mixed
Hmmm well i dont, at least not for vehicles. I mix them all the time for wood though.

Reactions: BroncMom
1 - 12 of 12 Posts