Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to get that dome light out of the 87-91 model bronco? I have a 90 and i'm trying to replace it... help please

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
Mine Before: (I hate chrome)

Mine After:

It Actually blends more, the flash caught it at just the right angle to make it look like a different color. There is a tech write up about this i think.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,518 Posts
You still selling those Steve? I would really like to get one in the Bronco.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,518 Posts
Well... I could use black, grey or blue (blue preferably) so if you run across more and their fairly cheap I'd really like to get one from ya. :toothless
I'm in no rush... so just keep me in mind when your out scoutin' parts. :thumbup

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
I just got one and installed it yesterday. If I knew there was a demand I would have picked up a couple more. I'm going back there in a couple weeks I'll keep my eye out for more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This an old thread, but maybe I can get some help here. 1986 Bronco with overhead dome plus map lights. There are no exposed screws, so I see that we have to take off the while lense to get to them. But how exactly do we remove that lense? We can't figure it out and I am certain it is supposed to be simple. Maybe we are just afraid of doing it wrong and breaking what looks like a hard to get item. Any help is welcome!

·
Super Moderator
25,810 Posts
Yo Ride,
Welcome!
"1985 Dome Light; by Automobile Repair Reference Center (ARRC);
Carefully pry the dome lamp lens, at the corners, from the housing.
Remove the 2 screws attaching the map lamp lens housing to the lamp base and remove the bulbs. The lamp base is retained to the roof by 4 screws.
Installation is the reverse of removal."

I believe 86 is similar to your 85; Taurus Dome Light Upgrade in an 86 by member Sixlitre at 1986 Ford Bronco Newer Dome Light Upgrade pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Dome Connector Corrosion in Driver's Side B Pillar pic; "...This is a picture of the connector behind the driver side seat belt retractor. This is a common area of problems. On mine, the wires had corroded and fell out of the connector. green wire had corroded on the connector and preventing power getting to the dome light..."
Source: by Jem270 at SuperMotors

□▪□

FYI, here is;
1985 Bronco Dealer Brochure via Gary @ 1985 Bronco - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

1985 Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (partial) via Gary @
1985 EVTM - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

1985 Bronco/F Series Specifications by Gary @ http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/axle-ratios.htm

1985 Lubricant Specifications by Ford via Gary @ Lubricant Specifications

1985-1986 Fuel System Adjustments by Ford via Gary @ 1985-1986 Fuel System Adjustments - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

80-86 Bronco Differences by Gary @ 1980 - 86 Ford Trucks - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

Fasteners & Illustrations by Gary @ Ford 1980-86 Pickup Fasteners - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

Register with VIN to see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories which requires at least non-padded 75 posts to buy, sell or trade due to scammers who preyed on our members many times.

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)including, "how do I get the tailgate glass to...", etc.

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your 85s info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum faqs @ FAQs includes for example:
How To Upload Images To Posts & How to Use Search
See more tips!

Please take time to participate and VOTE in our current Full-Size of the Quarter Contest and later, Full-Size of the Year Contests
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes. They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests!
Al

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yo Ride,
Welcome!
"1985 Dome Light; by Automobile Repair Reference Center (ARRC);
Carefully pry the dome lamp lens, at the corners, from the housing.
Remove the 2 screws attaching the map lamp lens housing to the lamp base and remove the bulbs. The lamp base is retained to the roof by 4 screws.
Installation is the reverse of removal."

I believe 86 is similar to your 85; Taurus Dome Light Upgrade in an 86 by member Sixlitre at 1986 Ford Bronco Newer Dome Light Upgrade pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Dome Connector Corrosion in Driver's Side B Pillar pic; "...This is a picture of the connector behind the driver side seat belt retractor. This is a common area of problems. On mine, the wires had corroded and fell out of the connector. green wire had corroded on the connector and preventing power getting to the dome light..."
Source: by Jem270 at SuperMotors

□▪□
What a bunch of great info. Thanks. Sorry for the late reply, I was out of town.

·
Super Moderator
25,810 Posts
Yo,
YW!
No problem, glad to help.

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3"w/cat & magnaflow 3" side exit
145 Posts
I wasn't happy with my dim interior lighting, so i replaced that old yellowed dome lamp (like the one on the left) with a clear one, (on the right) & changed the bulb to an LED bulb, which was much brighter & it took under a minute to change both out. I also changed the cargo area light to an LED. You can actually see things in there at night now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts