Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey FSB, this is my first post, and i was hoping you could help me with a problem on my 92 bronco xlt.

My dome light (the one before the top) does not work, but it will flash or turn on for a few seconds when i take a hard right turn. will only do this when im cranking the wheel to the right very fast.

What are your opinions?

·
Registered
104 Posts
my guess is the wires are broke and make contact on a high speed corner. Check the wires behind the drives seat belt where they go up the pillar. I think there is a plug in there also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice tech write up. my guess is the wires are broke and make contact on a high speed corner. Check the wires behind the drives seat belt where they go up the pillar. I think there is a plug in there also.
Thanks, i will check that asap. Dont need them turning on while hitting a corner fast, might blind me :p

·
Registered
160 Posts
A short wont always cause fuses to blow. Depends on what your shorting to. Shorting to more power would be blowin fuses like crazy. Short to ground would usually result in no working long before blown fuses. This is what makes shorts so darn annoying. Either will draw extra current but depending on which side of the fuse the short is on also can create annoyances.

This is why when I intered at a shop that built wiring harnesses (as a test engineering intern) we always tested them both with and without the fuses(and relays) in. Those pesky ground shorts can be really hard to figure out with fuses in sometimes.

·
Super Moderator
26,956 Posts
yo,

Dome Light Connector Corrosion in Driver's Side B Pillar pic; "...This is a picture of the connector behind the driver side seat belt retractor. This is a common area of problems. On mine, the wires had corroded and fell out of the connector. wire had corroded on the connector and preventing power getting to the dome light..."

Courtesy, Inside & Outside Cargo Area, High Mount Brake, Map, & Dome Lamp Wiring Diagram in a 92
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net
Source: by Jem270 at SuperMotors.net

1 - 10 of 10 Posts