Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a 9" rear and stumbled on a 79 F150 for a few hundred.

I6
4 speed
Not sure on the Tcase, see pics
9" rear
D44 front

It doesn't run right now so I would have to tow it home. After I got the parts I wanted it would be scrapped. Does this seem like a good buy?

http://www.e46fanatics.com/members/tim330i/f150/

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
buying complete donor trucks is always best.
if you have room go for it.
pull all the parts you will use, or think you would ever use, then try sellign a few parts, the scrap it.

i have found one problem with my theory though
i have built up a way to big a pile of spare parts.
I could fill a normal 2 car garage with my spare junk that i have gathered doing this so far.

·
In Front of Jopes
3,568 Posts
Tim,
I know you either have a part time T-case. Crawl under and look at the T-Case. It is a New Process. There will be a metallic tag, it will either say 203 or 205. I think its a 205 since its part time, correct me if Im wrong, 203 is full time right? Its most likely 205 since it has lockouts.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
MikeW said:
Tim,
I think its a 205 since its part time, correct me if Im wrong, 203 is full time right? Its most likely 205 since it has lockouts.
your right on the case on part time vs full time, but lots of people put locking hubs onto there 203 equiped trucks......

·
Registered
506 Posts
:stupid you beat me Dave. The way you can tell is the little round three bolt cover.

Buy that crusty pile of dung or I will.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the replies! If I can get it for the price I want I am going to pick it up. Does anyone know about how much it is going to cost for me to scrap what is left after I part it out? I am in MN if that makes a difference.

Also would that NP 205 be better than my BW t-case?

Thanks again!

Tim

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
if his BW case was bad i would swap, but i wouldnt swap it out just because i had a 205 case laying around.

·
Registered
9 Posts
St Francis Auto Parts will take it for free no matter what condition or lack of parts if you bring it to them. Otherwise there are guys who will come with a trailer and a winch but they'll charge you about $65.

Brett

B

·
0 Posts
I paid $50 to get the carcass of my old 84 hauled off. They would not take it without a title. I purchased a salvage title after I rolled it. You may be able to sign over a regular title after you take what you want. I would check my local DMV.

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
byerks said:
St Francis Auto Parts will take it for free no matter what condition or lack of parts if you bring it to them. Otherwise there are guys who will come with a trailer and a winch but they'll charge you about $65.

Brett
How did they get it off Dave's trailer without trashing the fenders?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Big frontend loader with a fork lift front instead of the bucket. He just put the fork right through the door glass and lifted it off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts