Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals.I've been lurking through the site for a while and figured it was time to introduce myself.My name is Jason and I live in Ma.I have an 88 Bronc L6 4 speed(my toy).I also have an 89 Bronc,5.8 auto,loaded(the wifes daily driver during the winter).I am an ASE L1 certified tech running the service dept at the largest used car dealer in the area.I look forward to trying to help others on this site as well as having a few of my own questions answered by the Guru's here.The 89 has the usual problems,but the 88 is an entirely different problem(I don't think they came with a 4 speed in 88).Anyways,I look forward to talking with you all soon.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
4 speed auto behind a 4.9L six cylinder? I think that was the first year for the E4OD. First year of anything is usually problemetic
Oh welcome :beer
Um, follow the rules :shrug if you can find them :histerica

Pictures always draw a crowd around here. trust me take one of your nose, 3 billion people will take a look :confused:

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Welcome to your second home, Blaze will be around with the rules soon.:thumbup

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
Blaze and his rules :lolup
Oh I've been up all night, so I'm in a weird mood :brownbag :wacko :crazy
If Blaze understood "rules", he would put the hood under the water :duh

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Fireguy's absolutly right! I don't know anything about following the rules!!! But thasts ok...these arn't rules!!!:twak Just a little "to help getcha going" advice. You know just like the "lifer" gives advice to the new cellma....Ummm,..opps!:banghead I said too much!:toothless

Welcome to our asylum!!!:beer

A few things to know:
1. Make sure to vote for FOTM each month by going to the FOTM thread and picking your fav. nominee! (10 new nominees each month, and someday it could be you!)
2. Be sure to vote for this site at TOP4x4 by clicking the link at the top of the page. (It brings us in alot of new traffic!)
3. Post up some pics of your rig!
(click here—click me, click me!! to find out how!)
4. Add your rig's specs (or a pic) to your sig line. (It comes in handy when asking questions for people to know what kinda rig thier helping you with!)
5. Before asking a handfull of questions please try the search button at the top right hand corner of the page.
It looks like this:
This site has been around long enough that ALOT of topics have already been discussed and now all you gotta do is read.

Welcome aboard, make your self at home!!!:thumbup

·
Registered
409 Posts
welcome to the family

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the kind words.I guess I should have been clearer describing my 88 Bronc.It was originally equipped with the pos Mazda 5 speed and now has a T18 (I believe) 4 speed.My 89 has a 3 speed(C-6?).The 88 is going to be my offroad toy.I will get pics up soon of the both of them.I will try to follow the "rules" and use the search button before I ask anything.BTW I am located in Taunton,Ma.Talk to you all soon.

·
Super Moderator
24,955 Posts
Welcome Jay!
Wondering if you had a source for the 88's one-piece locking hub assembly (such as repair parts or the entire hub), other than the dealership?
Be well,
Al

1 - 20 of 21 Posts