Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...fall out. Or you'll pout and shout til you find out. Mine had somehow bounced off today and fell down on the intake. Couldn't quite figure out why the sudden sluggishness and crappy driveability. So I reinstalled it pointing up, ran two layers of electrical tape over the top of it and then zip-tied it to and thru one of the extra holes on the left side of the A/C bracket.

No need to comment but this may come up in someone's future search---like dumb s&#t things I should have checked for first before throwing $20's under the hood..........:smokin:

RB

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol isnt there clips to hold it in?.....did ya get er fixed?
I'm sure Mr. Ford put clips on mine 21 years ago but they sure aren't there now.

Just thought 'spout' would pop up in the search engine for some one, someday. Nothing more........

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm still clueless. What the heck are you trying to warn us about on the distributor, the breather?
Once again, the SPOUT CONNECTOR that is attached by two wires to the dizzy. The one you remove for timing purposes....at least on my '87 5.0.

S'kay?..........

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
Once again, the SPOUT CONNECTOR that is attached by two wires to the dizzy. The one you remove for timing purposes....at least on my '87 5.0.

S'kay?..........
whatever you say. Don't think I have one on a '95 and if so it's never given me any issue (thus I still have no idea what you're talking about, although I do have an electrical harness that plugs into the distributor). Havn't even seem my distributor in several years since it's covered by the mustang boot.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not sure what year they stopped using them...just trying to pass on some cheap info for the searchy funktion.

Or maybe I should just delete this whole thread instead?...........

·
my bko ate my money
2,319 Posts
whatever you say. Don't think I have one on a '95 and if so it's never given me any issue (thus I still have no idea what you're talking about, although I do have an electrical harness that plugs into the distributor). Havn't even seem my distributor in several years since it's covered by the mustang boot.
hey shadow yours is on your driver side fender by your ignition module:thumbup

its a little grey plug with 2 wires comin out of it

unless you got duraspark......we got TFI so we got em his is older so its on the dizzy, mines newer so its on the fender

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
hey shadow yours is on your driver side fender by your ignition module:thumbup

its a little grey plug with 2 wires comin out of it

unless you got duraspark......we got TFI so we got em his is older so its on the dizzy, mines newer so its on the fender
So this got moved along with the TFI at the time I guess? Have to take a peek later today.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My 95 has a SPOUT on the driver side fender with the EEC connector. Go look what Fireguy50 did with a weatherpack connector. He used a two pin female on the harness and a shorting male plug. When I starting loosing my SPOUT this is what I'm doing.
Sean

·
Premium Member
9,995 Posts
spOUT = spark output (black color) is an OEM molded shape 2 wire plug/device that is used to time your vehicle in most cases using a new computer type timing light which I believe just unplug/plug into it, or older style timing light in which case you need to unplug it, set up the timing light with a clip lead and long spring device end that's inserted into the plug wire and attached to the # 1 spark plug, remaining leads on + & - battery posts, with the engine already at operating temp, check timing degree against timing mark with the light, losen/rotate dissy to correct setting then tighten down dissy, re-connect spOUT = DONE.
I got an extra one from Steve83 some time ago and IIRC you can find these in the JY on certsain vehicles from the rear ABS systems but double check his album or ask him, it was only $5.00.
FireGUy50 at rjmtechnologies sells the weather pak style spOUT which are single wire for just a few dollars and these are brand new, I still have mine in the wrapping ~ lol lol

Good Luck ~

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
My 95 has a SPOUT on the driver side fender with the EEC connector. Go look what Fireguy50 did with a weatherpack connector. He used a two pin female on the harness and a shorting male plug. When I starting loosing my SPOUT this is what I'm doing.
Sean
I don't think I've found mine yet. I did find a little connector with two wires into it, it's kinda taped off to the side from right from the large harness that comes up to the TFI. But this little guy seems to just have a cap on him.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't think I've found mine yet. I did find a little connector with two wires into it, it's kinda taped off to the side from right from the large harness that comes up to the TFI. But this little guy seems to just have a cap on him.
Is that cap removable easily, with maybe a plastic lift-up finger tab on one side to keep it in place?

Here look at these that I just found on the InterGore. The pic is from a Mustang, the diagram from a F150 forum.......

·
Registered
118 Posts
it's supposed to have a cap on it. That's what completes the connection and that little "cap" is what you unplug when you're pulling codes...

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it's supposed to have a cap on it. That's what completes the connection and that little "cap" is what you unplug when you're pulling codes...

Are you sure about that last sentence there BD? Cuz that's the first time I heard that the spout comes out during a code pull. It's not mentioned in any of my books or manuals.

And are you just refering to KOER?..........

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
Is that cap removable easily, with maybe a plastic lift-up finger tab on one side to keep it in place?

Here look at these that I just found on the InterGore. The pic is from a Mustang, the diagram from a F150 forum.......

yea that's it. and that harness is the same for my truck, with the 2 test areas. So with this deal the issue would be if that little plug somehow came out so it can no longer complete the connection? I can't see water bothering it much.

Edit: actually I'll look at it again, but that diagram is exactly what it looks like, NOT that pic I don't believe. It's just a small little connector with like a little square plug/cap at the end, just like in the diagram.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea that's it. and that harness is the same for my truck, with the 2 test areas. So with this deal the issue would be if that little plug somehow came out so it can no longer complete the connection? I can't see water bothering it much.

Edit: actually I'll look at it again, but that diagram is exactly what it looks like, NOT that pic I don't believe. It's just a small little connector with like a little square plug/cap at the end, just like in the diagram.

Just for drill, have you ever set the timing on your truck before? By yourself? Cuz I'm pretty damn sure they have to come out before you set your BASE TIMING......

1 - 20 of 24 Posts