Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I get rid of the "ding" when my door is open on my '91? I tried playing with the button in the door, but then my light wont turn on when its open, and I have a neon light hooked up instead of my overhead light which I would like to keep and I cant seem to find where it "dings" from...any ideas??

Also my friend broke off the wiper switch trying to pull it out like my lights, and its happened before and I always just jam it in, but now the hole is stripped and the little clip won't stay in for my wipers...where can I get a new one? or do I have to go to a dealership?

·
Registered
517 Posts
look under the dash and find the dinger. take it out.

junkyard.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,740 Posts
I do not know for sure on a '91 but on my 92 there is a door chime module, just find the right wire and take it out o fthe module, no more door shime, but the lights still on one and all the others will still work.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I have the exact opposite problem, my dinger is barely audible. I cant locate the damn thing either to put a new one in, anyone know where its at on my 89?

·
Registered
610 Posts
ChevronBroncoBoy said:
How can I get rid of the "ding" when my door is open on my '91? I tried playing with the button in the door, but then my light wont turn on when its open, and I have a neon light hooked up instead of my overhead light which I would like to keep and I cant seem to find where it "dings" from...any ideas??

Also my friend broke off the wiper switch trying to pull it out like my lights, and its happened before and I always just jam it in, but now the hole is stripped and the little clip won't stay in for my wipers...where can I get a new one? or do I have to go to a dealership?
Jeffs Bronco Graveyard has the switches you need. Mine were the same way, got them from there. They were actually OEM parts (came in ford bags etc) but were less than the dealer wanted. great service too..but they used a HUGE box to ship two little knobs.

·
Registered
610 Posts
oh i think the chime is either a module or a relay. Look under the dash. if my bronco was here at work i'd go look. I can barely hear mine as it is.

and i just remembered. if you want a realy cheep/quick replacement for that knob, go to an advance auto or something and go to the "help!" section. They have a universal nob that screws on with a little alen type screw

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Do you mean your "dinger" is that hard to find?:rofl:

·
Registered
9 Posts
The dinger box is under the dash just to the right of the accelerator pedal, tie wrap the wiring harness to somehthing when you unplug it, or it might get stuck behind the throttle linkage and make your truck keep going when you really just want it to stop. This is the voice of experience speaking

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
anyone got a schematic?? ive got alot of wire and boxes under my dash..and I don't want to disconnect the wrong thing, or at least is there something notciable on it?

·
Registered
531 Posts
maybe the Fuse?

·
Registered
97 Posts
It is where they say it is but when you put you hand on you can feel when it dings just like a relay, just unplug it, that is what I did on my 90 and 96.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.