Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm brand new too the Bronco world!! WOO HOO Finally joined the elite group of awesomeness!! As my first not necessary project I wanna pull of the doors to my bronco but don't know how to do it when it comes to the wiring.... Unbolting everything is simple but I was wondering how I would be able to take out all the wires and also have that little button pushed down so it wouldn't keep my interior dome light on all the time!!

Thank ya'll!!

:whiteflag:whiteflag:whiteflag

·
Registered
710 Posts
there are plugs inside the door, not sure if they will unplug from everything though.

Bronco's are not like jeeps so if you are planning on riding around with no doors, expect a ticket. A jeep is tubbed, meaning that the bottom of the body is like a tub, nothing can fall out of the jeep with the doors off because there is a lip.

there are some writeups on here where fella's have made nifty half-doors, and even inserts to make it tubbed (legal).

Hint when unbolting... start at the bottom and work up, otherwise you will ruin one of your hinges, and it's basically impossible to do by yourself, even with a helper it's hard to get them lined up again. You can use a tree branch and hang the door from it to aid in removal/installation. Just beware they are heavier than they look...

good luck on your truck!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'd go with tube doors, if you really want them off. They make a door lift but unless you are taking it off a lot not really worth buying a specialty tool. Engine hoist works pretty good to hold the door. As far as the door buttons you probably need to disconnect them. I don't know of any other way to keep them off with the doors open. You might be able to put a switch inline to disconnect the door buttons when you have them off but you need to look over the schematic and see where the wires run together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts