Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ever since I bought my '79 I have been unable to use the driver door, decided to fix it and it turns out that from the hinge to body bolts. On both upper and lower hinges, the bolts were snapped, all but 1 per hinge. so now i need to get the mounting plate out to drill and tap the holes, is there any way to reach it? or do I have to cut it out and fix it

·
Registered
96 Posts
On my 78 there is some type of removable panel under the dash near the area where the hinges would mount. Not sure if removing that would allow access to the hinge mount area or not.
Why not drill and tap where they are? Use your remaining good bolt to hold them in place while drilling. You might get lucky while drilling and the bolts bits will run out the back side and fall out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, I could drill and tap them as is. But if I could I'd like to take them out without cutting.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: so I was able to drill and tap the holes without cutting anything, thank you, but now the only issue is I can't find any hinge pin kits at a reasonable price for my '79

1 - 4 of 4 Posts