Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of finshing my write up for installing a bulldog keyless entry system in the Tech write up section. And today I got my actuators from broncograveyard.com for my 1994 bronco. I took out the driver side one and installed the new one but it still doesn't work. I know the actuator works cause i tested it with a 12V source.
Here is the connection to the actuator. I know I should have tested the harness while I had it out but I had a transient attack of retartedness. :doh0715:

I know the lock/unlock button works cause I just tested it. So my question is where does this harness connect into? I'm asking because maybe somewhere the connection is busted and I need to go back and check it out.

1. Let me say some other things that you all might want to know. When I press the lock/unlock button I don't hear a click, I don't hear a whine, I don't hear nothing basically.
2. The actuator is not stuck, it moves freely when I try to move it.

thakns

·
Banned
8,958 Posts
You must have the Bulldog module connected to its lock connector for the locks to work.

If you haven't cut the Bulldog into the lock circuit yet, the ONLY connector in that circuit (C213) is in the passenger kick, but everything goes thru it: windows, locks, speaker, courtesy light. If the lock is the only thing not working, I'd suspect the ground in the driver's door, or the driver's switch. Put a 12V test light (or meter) from either wire in your photo to a good ground, then test each lock switch in each direction, noting what the light does for each. Then repeat for the other wire & post all your results.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn, haven't had a chance at all to do the test . . . but I will and I'll post it . . .

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I finally got back in there and this is what I found:

-Testing the actuator wires in the door on the driver's side shows no current flowing through them when I press the master (driver's side) lock or unlock button.
-But on the passenger side, I get a good 12 volt reading in the actuator wires running in the door when pressing the lock or unlock button that is located on the passenger side
-Testing the same wires on the passneger side, I get 0.3-0.4 voltage reading when pressing the driver's side master lock/unlock button. And right when I let go of the button it jumps down to -0.05 for a quick moment and returns to 0.

Here is the weird thing:
-when attaching the new actuator motor to the passenger side harness and pressing the lock/unlock button (remember, this harness has juice as tested above) then the actuator won't work.
-so I took the actuator over to the battery and tested it (attaching each lead to each battery terminal) and it kinda worked. I didn't really go up and down as smooth and clean but it was jerking around. I don't think it's messed up cause it's brand new from broncograveyard

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I'm pretty much talking to myself here but maybe this'll help someone down the road when they do the searches! :rockon

so I got it all to work finally . . . basically what happened is that the previous owner had really messed with the wires . . . I got under the dash and I undid all the messy work that he did and found some weird shit that he had done . . . he basically had ran a wire from the passenger side over to the driver's side since the lock/unlock wires only come down in the passenger side . . . but anyway, once I reconnected everything the actuators went in there real smooth . . .
and they work!! :beer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts