Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of finshing my write up for installing a bulldog keyless entry system in the Tech write up section. And today I got my actuators from broncograveyard.com for my 1994 bronco. I took out the driver side one and installed the new one but it still doesn't work. I know the actuator works cause i tested it with a 12V source.
Here is the connection to the actuator. I know I should have tested the harness while I had it out but I had a transient attack of retartedness. :doh0715:

I know the lock/unlock button works cause I just tested it. So my question is where does this harness connect into? I'm asking because maybe somewhere the connection is busted and I need to go back and check it out.

1. Let me say some other things that you all might want to know. When I press the lock/unlock button I don't hear a click, I don't hear a whine, I don't hear nothing basically.
2. The actuator is not stuck, it moves freely when I try to move it.

thakns

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
damn, haven't had a chance at all to do the test . . . but I will and I'll post it . . .

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I finally got back in there and this is what I found:

-Testing the actuator wires in the door on the driver's side shows no current flowing through them when I press the master (driver's side) lock or unlock button.
-But on the passenger side, I get a good 12 volt reading in the actuator wires running in the door when pressing the lock or unlock button that is located on the passenger side
-Testing the same wires on the passneger side, I get 0.3-0.4 voltage reading when pressing the driver's side master lock/unlock button. And right when I let go of the button it jumps down to -0.05 for a quick moment and returns to 0.

Here is the weird thing:
-when attaching the new actuator motor to the passenger side harness and pressing the lock/unlock button (remember, this harness has juice as tested above) then the actuator won't work.
-so I took the actuator over to the battery and tested it (attaching each lead to each battery terminal) and it kinda worked. I didn't really go up and down as smooth and clean but it was jerking around. I don't think it's messed up cause it's brand new from broncograveyard

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, I'm pretty much talking to myself here but maybe this'll help someone down the road when they do the searches! :rockon

so I got it all to work finally . . . basically what happened is that the previous owner had really messed with the wires . . . I got under the dash and I undid all the messy work that he did and found some weird shit that he had done . . . he basically had ran a wire from the passenger side over to the driver's side since the lock/unlock wires only come down in the passenger side . . . but anyway, once I reconnected everything the actuators went in there real smooth . . .
and they work!! :beer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts