Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the difference between a 91 door lock actuator and a 94 door lock actuator? Theres a crap load of older ones on ebay for like 10 bucks, and the stealership wants like 90 bucks a piece. My a$$ still hurts from giving them 130 bucks for a few lock rods and retainers that i couldnt find. Can i use 91' actuators?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. the ones on ebay look like they'd be able to work, i just want to make sure a 91' will fit a 94'. i only ask cuz everywhere i look only goes up to 91'.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks a ton. im going to go w/ the older type. i wasnt using the factory wiring anyhow since the previous owner cut the harnesses off and im wiring an aftermarket keyless entry.

id rather replace the old type for 10 bucks than pay 90 for new ones.

·
broncofied
1,476 Posts
I picked up mine from the local O-reilly's for 49.95 :thumbup

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im not really sure what that place is, but sounds pricey.

·
Premium Member
9,998 Posts
Oh God, another project to add to the list! Mine stopped working a while ago but they're at the bottom of the "todo" list. I think mine are original because on the inside of the door it looks like rivets so I'll have to drill them out. What's a good brand for replacement the matches up with the connector inside with out paying an arm/leg? Great pic.
Thanks!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Steve83 said:
Older ones are steel cans that rust & bind. Newer ones are plastic boxes that are stronger, faster, lighter, & more reliable. They're physically & electrically interchangeable, but you have to match the connector.

update: <'92 actuators dont work on '92< trucks. i bought new actuators for an older bko off ebay and from what i see, their too wide to fit in the same spot. what a waste of cash. on an up note, if anybody wants a set of actuators, 20 bucks plus shipping.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

the bottom is what i took out

the middle is what i bought

the top is what i should have according to ford

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
because i had it in my door panel today and it didnt fit. the picture isnt great in that the middle actuator is actually almost twice as wide as the bottom one at the fattest spot. mainly due to that instead of the metal support rivited to the actuator on the bottom, the middle one has a plastic support and his held on with fat plastic heads.

im going to see tomorrow again if i can get it to fit even if its not flush with the door on the inside. theres not alot of forces involved.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts