Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me say "I searched this first to no avail" , I am in the process of fixing all sorts of stuff on my BKO that I finally got back from the wife. Well I just finished the bushings and reinstalled the passenger window motor, its working fine now.

But now for the problem. I am replacing the power door lock actuators. I took the old ones out many moons ago since they were flopping around inside the door while I drove around. Now almost a year later I finally am replacing them. But I cant seem the get the long skinny bar at the top of the actuators reconnected. As a matter of fact I am not exactly sure where they connect.

I see this white plastic thing that looks like it is where they go, I'm pretty sure its right. But I cant get the actuator bar in. Is there anyone who can help me out on this. I have been trying for over an hour to get them in but I am getting frustrated. Please help out poor old mogley please.:cry

·
Registered
36 Posts
Man I know what you mean. I have to do the same thing. I had a time getting it off a few months ago. I may have to take screws out of the door latch asm. to rotate it into a better position. so I'll watch for help to.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Would an "L" have just one bend and a "Z" have 2 bends? Well I guess:doh0715: My rod is 4" long with 1/2" bend and another 1/4" bend going in the same direction as the orginal rod. Thanks very much, first time the hardest.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got mine in. It was really quite simple. First let me show you the acuators I bought http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-AEROSTAR-BRONCO-MUSTANG-POWER-DOOR-LOCK-ACTUATOR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33696QQitemZ8045822993QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

They come with the assortment of rods. The bronco uses the longest one. It uses the rod in the top of the pic. I guess its the L or is it a Z shape, whichever are in these pics is what I had.

The main problem I had was I took out the originals over a year ago and forgot where the rods went back in:banghead I removed them because the lock motors were loose and banging around inside the doors.

There is no need to remove the locks either.

Well turns out all last night I was trying to put the rods in the wrong location because it was dark and a flashlight wasnt cutting it.
The rods slide into a white plastic clip with a hole in the center. Just slide the rod into the hole, its that simple. The hardest part(which was pretty easy though) was mounting the motors. Just use the existing holes where the old locks mounted and use a bolt and a nut(were not included with motors) and bolt them down.

Tested them and they were both working. Sorry I dont have any pics but it would have been hard to take a pic inside the doors anyways.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine had the original lock motors. I was able to remove them by taking the lock motor and lifting it up until it and the rods were horizontal with the bottom of the door. Than the tip of the rod came out of the plastic clip. All I had to do was take off the plastic interior door panel.

The original rods are stuck to the original motor as steve83 stated. The replacement motors I ordered are for all makes of fords. Each different rod length is for a different ford vehicle. The rods are held in by an included pin. This was very easy to do and only cost me $40 dollars for both door lock motors and that includes shipping. It sure beats the 60-80 a piece price others chagre for new motors.

If anyone wants to replace theirs and needs help just let me know I think I can explain it well enough, its really quite easy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of this white plastic clip where the actuator rod slides into? The rod on my stock actuator is broken and I cannot locate the other half. I suspect that this white plastic clip is broken too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts