Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have searched and I can't find a solution.
This problem is on my '94 EB and it's a big pain in the rear. I tried to open the door and heard some electrical/gear noise when I pressed the button to open it and noticed it was locked. I did not think I locked it. So I got my key and unlocked it and the alarm went off. I do not have a keyless entry maybe it comes with one but I did not get it when I bought it (so I could not use it to turn off the alarm). I had to pop the hood and disconect the battery. It does this with both doors. Starting up the truck will not turn it off either. Also, with the door open you hear the electrical/gear noise (assuming the actuator) and it locks it's self....bad deal if your keys are inside. NOW here is the real pain in the A**. You drive up turn off the truck, like normal people, and want to get out.....guess what the alarm goes off! You then pop the hood and disconnect the battery. This is my daily driver so it is getting old FAST.
The door locks are not factory, neither is the ignition , nor the radio. Could all the wiring be messed up? This problem is only recently. I have had the '94 for a couple of months now. I know it needs its clock spring replaced as it flashes a code. And now the turn signals don't work either. Just an FYI.
So any ideas??? Is there a fuse or relay I can replace? If so where is it? I just want to be able to get out of my truck without the alarm going off! My husband's '82 might be a rust bucket but it has less things going wrong wtih it!
Thank for any help

·
Forward Some Money
5,047 Posts
So I have searched and I can't find a solution.
This problem is on my '94 EB and it's a big pain in the rear. I tried to open the door and heard some electrical/gear noise when I pressed the button to open it and noticed it was locked. I did not think I locked it. So I got my key and unlocked it and the alarm went off. I do not have a keyless entry maybe it comes with one but I did not get it when I bought it (so I could not use it to turn off the alarm). I had to pop the hood and disconect the battery. It does this with both doors. Starting up the truck will not turn it off either. Also, with the door open you hear the electrical/gear noise (assuming the actuator) and it locks it's self....bad deal if your keys are inside. NOW here is the real pain in the A**. You drive up turn off the truck, like normal people, and want to get out.....guess what the alarm goes off! You then pop the hood and disconnect the battery. This is my daily driver so it is getting old FAST.
The door locks are not factory, neither is the ignition , nor the radio. Could all the wiring be messed up? This problem is only recently. I have had the '94 for a couple of months now. I know it needs its clock spring replaced as it flashes a code. And now the turn signals don't work either. Just an FYI.
So any ideas??? Is there a fuse or relay I can replace? If so where is it? I just want to be able to get out of my truck without the alarm going off! My husband's '82 might be a rust bucket but it has less things going wrong wtih it!
Thank for any help
My money would be on an aftermarket alarm installed by a PO. You probably need a separate fob type transmitter to turn it off. If you didnt get one, and it sounds like you didnt, the quickest way to fix the problem is find the main processor....probably a black box under the dash...and pull the power to it.
When you pull the power at the battery, did you hear chirping?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No chirping. I will look for a black box. I also read on a different post that there may be something to the right of the steering colum behind the dash....I'll look there too.
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts