Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the search and came across all the info for changing the actuators. But now I noticed that the door lock cyclinder can't connect to the lock/unlock rod because the plastic piece that sits at the end of the door lock cylinder (holding on to the connecting rod) is broken off on both sides of the truck. I tried looking for the part but apparantly they don't make that part by iteself. On steve83's door page, if you look at the picture that has the Door Latch and Mechanism showing, and you look at section D, then the piece I am talking about is the thing sitting at the end of the door lock cylinder. Even though in that pic it looks like it's one piece it's not. The plastic piece sits at a 90 degree angle at the end of the cylinder. Anyway can avoid having to get new door locks? I don't want to have separate keys for the door locks and the ignition.

PS: what a biatch to get the actuator out . . . UNLESS you've done it before! :doh0715:

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thanks, that saved me a lot of time searching!
I think I'll just get new door lock cylinders from LMC . . . I'll install a keyless
this weekend so that'll be my main way of unlocking the doors anyway . . .

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I just got a pair of door lock cylinders from broncograveyard.com and I just took off the plastic things like you said and plopped them onto mine, couldn't be easier!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts