Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my frist bronco (and first car/truck) got my liscense yesterday and i have done the rear breaks, stero, and speakers. Its a 1995 Eddie Bauer Bronco. The power door locks don't lock or even move the black lock on the door it self. I noticed a small plastic peice inside that was broken but if thats broken shouldnt the lock still move up and down? if you have any ideas that i can check out or possible fixes please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
If the actuator isn't making any noise then it needs to be replaced. It's a pain in the ass, get a manual. If it makes noise when you hit the button then somethings just loose.

·
College User
2,018 Posts
Check wires, fuses, and buy a repair manual....

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there is a noise as if its locking but nothing happens...i have a haynes manual is that the correct one? if not can u tell me the name

·
Registered
315 Posts
haynes or chiltons manuals will be good,

if it is making noise than the electrical connections through the switch and actuator are good, sounds like that black broken peice could have been a clip that attatched the actuator to the locking mechanism..

things to eleminate:

does the door lock when you push the pin down manually?

does the other door lock?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
both doors dont lock and i cant lock them by pushing down the lock

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
Volcom said:
both doors dont lock and i cant lock them by pushing down the lock
If you can't push it down the actuator might be frozen. You'll have to get a new one. Look in the manual and pop the locking mechanism off the actuator. You should be able to manually work the lock now.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the pin can be pushed a little bit and moves a little when i press lock or unlock but it doesnt lock anything

1 - 10 of 10 Posts