Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Ford Bronco XLT 302/E4OD
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's time to replace the door pins. I've replaced the strikers hoping that would fix my door problems and they don't rattle and shake bad offroad anymore but they still shake on the highway due to the door pin bushings being shot. Anyway looking online for pins hasn't left me confident in finding any of decent quality so my question is, anyone have some recommendations on where to get them?

·
Premium Member
1995 5.8, 2.5" Rough Country Lift, Extended RA's, 4.10's, 33" BFG's
6,031 Posts
Dorman has them and so does JBG, not sure which is best though. Search the Technical Writeup section I believe there are a few writeups covering door hinges and hinge pin replacement

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I think Dorman is the only one that makes them, but I could be wrong, JBG had them but I don't see them listed for 80-96 anymore. Search the Technical Writeup section I believe there are a few writeups covering door hinges and hinge pin replacement
Yeah I saw those Dorman ones for cheap and almost bought them but after reading the reviews a lot of people say they last 3-4 months before going bad. I have no problem finding the door pins my problem is trying to find ones that are good quality and will last. Last thing I want is to have to replace the bushings every 3-4 months

·
Premium Member
1995 5.8, 2.5" Rough Country Lift, Extended RA's, 4.10's, 33" BFG's
6,031 Posts
Yeah I saw those Dorman ones for cheap and almost bought them but after reading the reviews a lot of people say they last 3-4 months before going bad. I have no problem finding the door pins my problem is trying to find ones that are good quality and will last. Last thing I want is to have to replace the bushings every 3-4 months
Dorman are most likely Chinese made. Call JBG and ask about theirs, they carry alot of Ford NOS parts maybe these pins are Ford

I had the Ford part number in my notes its D90Z-6522841-C , try Googling the number, I'm sure there are some OEM still out there

Reactions: miesk5

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dorman are most likely Chinese made. Call JBG and ask about theirs, they carry alot of Ford NOS parts maybe these pins are Ford

I had the Ford part number in my notes its D90Z-6522841-C , try Googling the number, I'm sure there are some OEM still out there
Yeah I'll give JBG a call and I'll update with what they tell me. That Ford part number seems to only brings up the Dorman pins so if there are some OEM out there they're hidden under all the Dorman stuff

·
Registered
394 Posts
These guys have a TON of really great fixes for common issues, including the doors: Door Pin/Striker Kit

They have a bunch of YouTube videos on installation tips too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These guys have a TON of really great fixes for common issues, including the doors: Door Pin/Striker Kit

They have a bunch of YouTube videos on installation tips too.
Might go with them. I'd seen their stuff before but never thought to look for door pins from them. It's nice to see the pins aren't a one size fits all situation with different upper and lower pins in the kit. Whether that makes a difference or not it at least seems like they care more. Haven't had a chance to order stuff for this project yet but I'm glad you suggested them, thanks!

Also since I forgot to update on where JBG gets the door pins for these trucks the rep I got on the phone didn't know so that's why I forgot since I got no info

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,094 Posts
I used the HELP! ones in my 96 F350. They seem good quality, though I havent opened the door very many times on that since its trans broke.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts