Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently removed the doors from Bob (my Bronco) for modified air conditioning when it eventually gets warm out here. I love the look and I love driving it this way.
My question is, Is there a way or mod I can do that would make removing and installing the doors easier than just the orignal factory brackets? Something like the jeeps :)barf) have?

Thanks

·
Not Frilly.
951 Posts
i would figure you doo the pins and put blade connectors on all the electrical wires for your speakers, powerwindows etc. and call it a day

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. Not much in the doors, just speaker wires so that should make it a bit simpler.

·
Super Moderator
25,810 Posts
yo, Here ya go;
Harness & Connector Location & Removal from Door in an 88; "...For those pre-92 guys, these are the two connectors behind the kick panel you unplug to remove the door w/o cutting any wires. The upper plug is the power for the windows/locks & the smaller is power for the speaker. On the driver side, the connectors look the same but the green one is gray..."
Source: by Reptillikus ((Project 4D2, Kevin W) at FSB http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73678

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found this thread!!! Thank you miesk5. I was using the wrong search terms prior to posting. That is a great article and definately the way I am going to go!!

·
Registered
504 Posts
door pins are a pain in the rear to cut to remove but if you do you can get new pins from orrielys or some similar place that are designed for removability
i had to replace mine for the drivers door and it worked out great and now i gotta do the passenger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts