Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers door has been leaking ever since I got this truck back in the spring. Looking at it, it is obiously out of alignment. I dont know if thats the only problem though. My Drivers side fender is also out of alignment, which makes sense because you have to take it off to align the door.

Question is a 2 parter.
1.) Do I have to take the door off completely to align it? or can I just loosen the bolts and shift it around till it looks right?

2.) If I were to opt for a new replacement door, should it fit without having to massage it in place? I watched Gearz, and Stacey David replaces Ted Nugents doors, and it seems he had to pull and push on the upper part of the door to get it to line up. I really want to avoid this, as im NO GOOD at that sort of thing. I would take it to a body shop before I tried that.

·
Premium Member
9,989 Posts
I've noticed my 86 drivers door is just ever so slightly out of alignment and the door stop piece broke some time a ago, you know when you only open it half way.

I think you could loosen the bracket bolts to the body not the bolts on the front of the door and re-align it but you'll probably need an extar pair of hands and maybe something similar that tile guys use for correct "spacing" around the door to keep it aligned until you tighten bolts...?

What about the rubber weather stripping around the door....?

Check the "door striker bolts" are adjusted correctly so the door doesn't rattle, "door striker bushings " the anti -rattle device are in tact as well, use a #T-50 Torx socket for bolt adjustment.

Bolts, part # 38420 $7.99 -1 pack with bushing, Bushings, part # 38424 $3.99 - 4 pack Doorman mfg. in the Help section of most auto stores.

There's a body section in the Haynes Manual that shows how to....:doh0715:

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
79 Posts
"ever since I got this truck back in the spring."

Did you have body work done on it? Door mis-alignment can also be caused from the pivot pins being worn out. With the door open, grab the lower right end and try to move it up and down. If it moves then obviously your pins are shot unless your upper bracket came loose(doubt that).:popc1:

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
when i took my doors off and put them back on, this happened with the passegner side.... managed to adjust it without taking the door off, but was a major pain

·
Super Moderator
9,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I just bought it back in the spring.

Heres a good example of what I mean about the front Drivers side fender being out of alignment.
At the Windshield....
[/IMG]

At the front end....
[/IMG]

This is what happens when you try to go in a garage and the garage door is too low and hits the antenna.
[/IMG]

I cant find any pictures showing the door alignment problem. I will try to take some tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts