Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The exterior sheetmetal "skin" of my passenger side door on my new truck is loose, causing the side-view mirror to shake around. Anyone else ever encounter this problem? What is the solution? Can they tack-weld it back from the back side or something?

·
Registered
748 Posts
take the door panel off or whatever you think you need to do to be able to see the other side. If it's rust see how far along it is, whether it's irrepairable or not. Another note, that door skin is pretty floppy anyhow make sure that one of those interior nuts on the mirror bolt didn't come off and the mirror is making door skin seem loose. Also want to check your weather stripping at the windows to see if they're shot and how much water they're letting down the door, may be time for replacement.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Mine does the same thing on one side where I whacked the mirror with a limb, wheelin' :shrug Don't really know what to do about it bro, I just live with mine, cause it's not that bad...just makes the reflection in my mirror blurry a bit so it's iritating to try and see if it's 50 behind me...:toothless

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
You might just have a loose mirror. There is a 3rd bolt on the inner panel for suport. If that bolt becomes loose, it could over weight the outer skin. So the mirror could be forcing the skin to flop. Try to wrench down that inner bolt and see if it helps

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a body man look at it today, and he said that there is a tab that traverses from the outer skin to the inner frame that is spot welded. He says that it looks like the weld let go, and probably can just be tack welded from the inside of the door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts