Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have a 95 Bronk and I tried fitting my 6.5 fronts in and they are too big WTF? I matched them to the stockers and they are about 1/2 inch bigger around and the friggin housing/casting is the real problem.
So the question....

What speakers will fit, I want 6.5s. Any brand will work. What are ya'll running in the fronts???? I want quality speakers, not AutoZone cheapies.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Huh.. Good question. I'm very curious about that as well. I have not really looked at mine yet, but the left is about dead. I have been looking at these Rockford Fosgate Punch. I have a '93. I'll have a look over the weekend.
Don't mean to jack your thread, to my knowledge the 6 1/2 are standard, are they not?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No No you r fine bro! I thought they were standard, then again 95 quality and casting compared to 09 quality and casting is night and day difference. I just want someting to put in there before I put the doors skin back on.

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
No No you r fine bro! I thought they were standard, then again 95 quality and casting compared to 09 quality and casting is night and day difference. I just want someting to put in there before I put the doors skin back on.
i'm not sure i fallow you here.. are you trying to tell me they were soooo sloppy that they cut the holes all different sizes? i seriously doubt that. they obviously fit the stock speakers perfectly.

and yes, i know they are sort of an off fit, the holes aren't "square" like on most speakers, etc.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I am talking speaker quality. And the increase of size in all new 09 components and the lack of casting quality was a reference to the magnet casting in 95(the "part that holds the coil and magnet over the dome) I wasn't saying anything about the door cutout lol. All I want are your guys speaker brand you are using in your truck I need brands that fit in there ASAP. My wal-mart Elites I had lying around are 6.5 but the rear casting is too big and I dont want to cut the door hole.

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
Yeah, what speakers are you guys running in the doors?

I don't care about size, stock size will be perfect. I want some speakers that fit perfectly and make some thumps when I want to annoy the guy next to me pumping his Lil Wayne, and I want to rock to my Alan Jackson and Metallica as well.

I've already killed my left door speaker. XD

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts
I really thought would have been flooded with responses.
People are too busy doing SASs' and buying expensive tires to worry about speakers. Exhaust is the only sound we like :toothless

But the door speakers are definitely 100% 6.5" - I had 3 different 6 1/2" speakers in my bronco since i first bought it. Unless something change from the brick nose to the newest body style, but I'm sure they're the exact same measurements. Maybe find a friend with 6.5's and compare. see if its the speaker or the speaker mounting plate itself...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PART #?? I have xplodes in the headunit and rear. might as well make it 100% sony lol.

I realize this is low priority for most, but this is not a strictly offroading truck. It will be my driver this winter 5 days a week for 70 miles roundtrip. So needless to say I want less exhaust and more tunes. If I want loud I'll jump in my 95 Z with headers running to a cutout lol. That is loud.

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
Yeah, music music is really low priority for me, but still want to know what I can fit in there, for when I do.

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
What's a Bronk?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've got a 93 and i'm running sony component speakers xs-gtx1620s. Walmart specials but sound pretty good for the $.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I have a set of boston acoustics 6.5"s. In my doors but they didn't fit a first the holes were way too small. Mostly due to the size of the magnet. I just cut the hole bigger with an angle grinder.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a set of Alpine's in mine but I had to trim a bit to get them to fit. Dont worry about cutting the door a little it will sound great.

·
Registered
90 Posts
ive put in multiple speakers and the 6.5s and the rears never line up perfectly..i just put the speaker up to some matchin holes..then drilled the rest...simple ans easy

1 - 20 of 25 Posts