Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in the process of swapping doors from a 94 F150 onto an 88 Bronco XLT. When i bought the Bronco, someone had swapped on manual window/locks doors, so I have no real reference point to start from.

The problem I'm running in to is the wiring for the driver door was cut right at the rubber "channel" connecting the door and the body.

The passenger side has all the relevant connectors, and the green connector matches wire colors (so I'm assuming it's good to go), but the grey connector is all fubared.

On the Driver's side, I can only find the grey, 8 pin connector in the kick panel; am I missing something?

What I need is a wiring diagram for both the 88 kickplate connectors for windows/locks, and the 94 door connector (although the 88 kickplate connector is much more useful at this point, as I think I should be able to trace out which wires go where on the window switch). My older haynes manual (red cover) has a pretty good diagram, but it's locked in my brother in-laws house while he's on vacation. My newer haynes manual (blue cover) sucks [email protected] when it comes to wiring diagrams. I found some of what I'm looking for in Steve83's supermotors page, but not everything.

Any and all help is appreciated.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
On '92-'97 power doors the wiring is continuous all the way from the drivers door to the passenger side kick panel. There is no connector on the drivers side.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Granted. I've found some good info on the wiring within the door, so I can sort out what's what on the 94 end of the equation. M

My concern now is for some sort of schematic on the 88 end of the wiring (specifically for windows and door locks). I can fashion a connector out of some spares that I have laying around; but I need to know what I'm tying into.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another bump; still looking for help on the pinout of the kickplate connectors on an 88.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have had this same problem, door replacement. I am unsure what you are trying to do. I had to put in a massive amount of "butt connectors", spent a lot of time soldering/crimping wires. I got the electric windows going, but the automatic door locks - not.
I will check back. Post how things are going.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am simply looking for the pinout of the kickpanel connectors in an 88 bronco (all three; the grey 8 pin on the driver's side, the grey 8 pin with 6 populated on the passenger side, and the green 8 pin on the passenger side). Unfortunately, the wiring schematics in the current haynes manual are worse than crap. With the requested info, I'm pretty sure i can muddle my way through to get the 94 doors to work just fine (sans power to the mirrors, but I'm willing to live with than). When I'm done, I'll be happy to put it in a write-up; I'm just looking for the info so I can get underway

·
Registered
330 Posts
There are better schematics, but it's a struggle to find them. Check the Search function, I recall seeing someone who posted a site that had them all. Good Luck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For those that are interested, a quick google search for "bronco wiring schematic" yielded this wealth of information:

http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=143

Still doesn't get me everything I'm looking for, but it's a start.

I'm also gonna get the older (red cover) version of the Haynes manual and post a scan in a couple of days. I don't know when they switched, but the current Haynes manual diagrams suck balls compared to the older one.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
That's funny. That is Miesk5's site. He is a member here and a lot of that info comes from here. There are a lot of links to there from here.

You should shoot him a PM. Maybe he knows where you could look?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I may have to shoot steve83 a pm, as just about everything relavent comes from him. He's even got a door lock pinout for the green connector on the 94 door, which is what lead me to start this thread looking for the pinout on the kickpanel connectors.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
I may have to shoot steve83 a pm, as just about everything relavent comes from him. He's even got a door lock pinout for the green connector on the 94 door, which is what lead me to start this thread looking for the pinout on the kickpanel connectors.
Steve hasn't been online here in over a month, and when he IS online...............you can't pm him. He keeps it turned off because of the overload he gets.

You would be more likely to get a response if you email him.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Don't know if it will help but I can get all the diagrams from All Data that show the function and routing of all the wires.shoot me a pm if you need them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Success! After quite a bit of trial and error, I was able to successfully graft everything together. I'm working on some drawings/schematics to do a tech writeup that i'll link back to in this thread.

Just wanted to say thanks for the help. Couldn't have done it without this site.:beer

·
Registered
92 Posts
ill have to tag this thread im putting '90 powered doors into a 89 manual but luckily i have the complete '90 donor truck. keep posting winterland

·
Registered
561 Posts
Thank you for this thread... I recently got a set of doors and almost perfect tailgate off a 96 and planned on putting them on in tact on my 90. This should make that prospect a hell of a lot easier. :rockon

1 - 19 of 19 Posts