Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a 203/205 doubler behind my C6 in my 78 using ORD's kit and need a cross member fabricated. I planned on using my stock cross member but that's a no go since the front drive shaft is resting on top of it. The only local guy I know who can make one is very busy after telling me yes and I dropped it off at his place, it sat for weeks with no progress. I have the Bronco back at my house now and looking to wheel it soon. Does anyone sell a bolt in and go cross member for a doubler? Is anyone here interested in making one that has done it before? I would think the design could be copied and if there are small variances I can make adjustments.

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
Bolt on and 78/79 Bronco have a very limited pairing. You need to hunt down a fabricator that builds race cars or motorcycles, those guys know how to bend metal & weld cleanly. Don't go with a random welder like I recently did on my steering links - $130 for welding + $140 for new parts + another $100 for rewelding - things can get costly quick.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Texarkana, AR as it states in my location right under my user name....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry I am using a cell phone. It only shows me your user name no other details. I'm out of Phoenix so I wouldn't be much help. Sorry once again.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No worries, appreciate the interest.

Anybody got anything?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Well if possible can you just move it back and drill.new holes. Or cut out the part shaft sits on and put in another stock. If you was closer would be glad to help. Never did a doubler have all the makings from a parts truck. But agree with above if having somebody do it make sure the have the tools and know how

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well if possible can you just move it back and drill.new holes. Or cut out the part shaft sits on and put in another stock.
I suggested that to a friend who fabricates and he said no. He's too busy to help me out right now with it and I am trusting his experience about not cutting up the stock cross memeber?

If you could get it here I would help you out. I could not really do it without having it here in front of me.
That would be awesome. My good friend is from Harlan KY but dang that is a long way from where I live! Took me all day to drive to his wedding at Cumberland Falls.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After further thought, thinking about using the stock cross member and notching it for the front drive shaft. I've seen some other builds do this and it held up to the tests. Wanting to drive this thing already!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts