Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so im debating weather or not to dovetail the front and/or rear of my bronco. it will allow bigger tires with keeping the low center of gravity which is the whole point of wheeling it wont be hard just thinking it might look weird what u guys think:beer

Fords Rule!

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
do it and post pics

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dovetail

dovetailing is narrowing your front or rear as in a dovetail like almost a triangle not shortening thats bobbing

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
sounds familiar...........can someone say Blown?

just sad he deleted all of his posts, he had some good pics of what he did.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok

ALright u guys talked me into it, im starting the front tonight it will be about as wide as the grill i'll keep everyone posted, any help or advice would be great:beer

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
Crazedatwork said:
Blowns was not dovetailed, it was kinda "exoed" sorta, with the outer skins removed.

sorry :doh0715:

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think its sweet....broke, how much did you narrow the rear? have any pics of inside the bed?

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
BroncoTech90 said:
Alright so im debating weather or not to dovetail the front and/or rear of my bronco. it will allow bigger tires with keeping the low center of gravity which is the whole point of wheeling it wont be hard just thinking it might look weird what u guys think:beer

Fords Rule!
maybe you should ditch the ttb and get some more agressive tires therefore leading to more hardcore wheeling than a dove front and rear will get ya. cause all thats gonna do is allowed you to get farther in somewhere to get stuck worse than you would have before.....just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
countryboy79mi said:
I think its sweet....broke, how much did you narrow the rear? have any pics of inside the bed?
I just narrow it in as close to the last bed mounts as I could. I don't know how much I cut out. I don't have any pics of the inside. It isn't too pretty, but it works. I kinda hacked it since the only clean way to do it is move the entire wheelwell in with the bedside but I couldn't do that cause my battery and radiator are mounted inbetween the wheelwells and I don't have the space.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts