Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Downhillers?!(MTB) - Whistler, BC

Just booked my flights for Whistler.....June 29 thru July 03. :chili: Can't wait!!!! I've been dreaming about this for years and it's finally going to happen. Now to drop 20 and learn how to jump again.

I'm going to be selling the '03 Monster to drop some weight on the front end. Hoping to pick up a foety on MTBR or Ebay in the next couple of months. I added an old pic of the bike so the skiers don't get confused.:doh0715:

Anyone else doin' Whistler this year?

Attachments

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,582 Posts
I would do Whistler in the winter...on 2 skis...

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
locopny said:
I would do Whistler in the winter...on 2 skis...
OH! ....and one more thing. I'm bringing my boardin' boots because at the same time last year the upper runs were still open. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Whistler in spring is epic, but you are going a little late. Might be a wee bit of a gamble if you are hoping to ski much of the mountain.

The glacier is open most for the summer though, so there is always some skiing in July. Add to that the fact that the snow is coming down in buckets lately, and it could certainly be good.

The best thing about June in Whistler is t-shirt skiing (or bikini for the ladies ;) ), and you can finish the day with your choice of golf courses, rafting, fly fishing, etc.

If you have the small fortune to blow, Whistler is a guaranteed party. :beer

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mcaldwell said:
Whistler in spring is epic, but you are going a little late. Might be a wee bit of a gamble if you are hoping to ski much of the mountain.

The glacier is open most for the summer though, so there is always some skiing in July. Add to that the fact that the snow is coming down in buckets lately, and it could certainly be good.

The best thing about June in Whistler is t-shirt skiing (or bikini for the ladies ;) ), and you can finish the day with your choice of golf courses, rafting, fly fishing, etc.

If you have the small fortune to blow, Whistler is a guaranteed party. :beer
Thanks for the tip. I'm going for DH MTB.....boarding would just be a little icing.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Nice set up. I got a 2001 gt dhi race w/ monster fork and all xtr. anyways i heard whistler is supposed to be some of the best riding around. no doubt you'll have a blast. i was going to go but couldnt save up enough money.:banghead maybe next year.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
What's also cool is you have Blackcomb right there within spitting distance from Whistler

1 - 7 of 7 Posts