Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, had a busy weekend. thursday i dragged home an 89 f350 4x4 with a bad 351. cut the axles out and hauled it to the scraper on friday.
saturday went to michigan and dragged home this
93 F350 ex cab dually, 7.3L turbo diesel with a 5 speed
the good, its a turbo motor, 5 speed and new clutch. the bad, engines locked up. DOH

then today came around. got my friend and dad to come along. dad drove the loader down, friend brought the torch truck and i took the tow truck down to get this. 88 f250 2wd, 7.3L diesel automatic, with a newer engine it it with 100k miles. c6 trans is junk, and frame is bent/cracked.

hads no tires on it and rear axle is only attached by the shocks.

4 7.3L trucks all in one spot. bad huh?

a few hours later, front clip was off, and engine was isolated.
hill billy hoist. removed starter, trans lines, linkage and crossmember wile hoisted

since i already had the core cupport off we decided to just pull the 4 body mounts bolts and lift the cab up so that way we could remove it engine and trans as one.

hell of a body lift

on the floor, talk about heavy!!

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Sweet weekend

·
Zombie Hunter
13,684 Posts
My god, you live in my fantasy world!

The Hillbilly hoist looks rather expensive......."hillbilly" items usually require or have no monetary value.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bronco Rob said:
My god, you live in my fantasy world!

then i probably shouldnt tell you we are south of chicago and where working on it in T shirts since the heaters work so well.
ya, i tend not to do stuff the hard way, what ever works best, and is simple
ya, the loaders, jacks, tow trucks, trailer(trailer winch paid itself off getting that f350 up on it) and other stuff tend to make it a little easier for me do pull this off than the average joe.

is this bad?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I need that red cab :cry

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
I would have to big of parts collevtion if i had a gooseneck. I don't buy as many parts trucks since i have to alwasy borrow a trailer, works out for the better.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, its gettign a little closer working on it evenings after work
good motor

getting the down pipe and the cross over was a pretty big bitch. had the truck on fire a few times trying to get them off intact. never knew the heat sheild for the slave cylinder could catch fire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts