Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys yesterday I put on the rear part of my lift and looking at the drive shaft it has a good amount comming out from the transfer case. Is this ok?

Blocks

(plan on getting rid of them when money allows)

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
I would say you need a longer shaft.

and those double stacked blocks are really a bad idea.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
I agree, If you took the rear seal out you would see that there is alot less spline contact than you think.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
do they make a driveshaft spacers that would work?
Thats a new one. Take the old block out, it will help a bit. How much lift is on the back? If it's only that block the rear shaft should work fine for a while. When (not if) it starts to fail just get a custom made one from ericautopart. He makes some nice stuff at a good price.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys any way I could get another shaft out of another truck to bolt up? I took the blocks out but need to get the back a little higher. Or could i make like a .5" spacer to go in the back of the shaft?

Thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gotta, another thing, left the blocks on while i wait on something else to come in to get the height. I have a small vibration on it while running it around the neighborhood. We did the measurements and I have at the least 3inches of spline sleeved in. The yoke shaft piece is only 5 inches long in total. We are gonna try and do a rough alignment tomorrow and see if that works.

Thanks,

Oh yeh it is bouncy as crap going over a small bump at like 20 mph. Its got $ rough country shocks on it too.

Thanks again

One other thing its a long bed regular cab f150

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I could be wrong, but from the pic it looks to me that you have the block on backwards ( with the taller part to the front).
That would be making a vibration due to the U-joint angle being off.
with an F150 without a CV driveshaft you don't want a tapered block in there anyways since it will put the angles off. If I were you, and you just have to run blocks, I'd correct the angle problem and have a CV shaft made for it that is 1" longer.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright thanks, I will check to see if they are tapered. And a shop in town told me to extend my existing drive shaft it would only cost $95 plus material cost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts