Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today both my driver and passenger power windows quit working using the switch in the drivers door. The passenger work for a little bit using the passenger side switch and quit. What is the issue?

Took the door panel part connections look good. When I toggle the switches up or down I hear a load on the truck electrical system but the windows do not move. Did both motors go out simultaneously or is it the driver side window switch?

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Test your switches, test for power going in and out.
Second pull your motors out, remove the cover plate and check the torque pins.
I have a feeling if you are getting sufficient power into and out of your switches, your torque pins are shot, very common problem and a very easy fix.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The PO already installed hex nuts in the motors. I think the motors are cashed but for both to do it at the same time is surprising.

The load applied by the switches can be heard as a change in pitch for the electric fuel pump

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
The PO already installed hex nuts in the motors. I think the motors are cashed but for both to do it at the same time is surprising.

The load applied by the switches can be heard as a change in pitch for the electric fuel pump
Well, you really can't use your fuel pump to diagnose your window problem:doh0715:.

Sounds like you may have some bad grounds or dirty/bad battery cables

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why can't I use the sound the fuel pump makes to indicate a load on the extricated system? Makes sense to me.

I changed the fuse with a 15 amp I knew was good. No change which was not surprising. Anyone have a wiring diagram for the switch? Where do there motors ground?

The windows were slow to begin with. Previously they stopped about 5 yrs ago and I greased the tracks and they worked again. Now nothing.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking at your pictures if I use a jumper wire and go lt blue to yellow or lt blue to red. If nothing happens this rules out the switch as the failed component right?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
key would be in the run position,with the switch at rest (neutral position). I believe blue is hot power wire. The yellow wire and red wire go from the switch to the motor. It is my assumption when the switch is toggled up or down it connects the blue wire with either the red or yellow (one wire is up the other wire is down). assumption would be that jumping from the blue wire to the yellow or red wire should send power to the motor. If the motor does not move and I hear a load on the electric fuel pump then the motor is bad not the switch

·
Registered
225 Posts
FWIW.

Mine didn't go out at the same time but fairly close together. The first time I took the motors apart and clean them out with some spray for electric motors. They worked great for a while, then went out again. The last time they went out I replaced them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts