Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
95 Bronco XL, owned about a year. Trying to figure out my driver side door and interior panel. The tilt window is a different shape than the passenger, and the interior panel is in the way when I open the tilt. I can push it enough to still use the window so it’s not a big deal, more curious. From the exterior the paint and trim all match. Did somebody swap the door or panel at some point?

Land vehicle Car Wheel Tire Vehicle

Car Land vehicle Sky Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
18,059 Posts
The passenger door has the correct wing window and door panel. The drivers side panel looks correct but your wing window (or entire door) has been swapped with an 80-91 assembly.

·
Premium Member
5,623 Posts
The passenger door has the correct wing window and door panel. The drivers side panel looks correct but your wing window (or entire door) has been swapped with an 80-91 assembly.
yeah to be an 80-86 assembly the entire door would of had to be replaced. He could verify if his door has been replaced by seeing if it still has the lower body line of the 95-96 door. The 80-86 vent assembly requires a wider glass. Just bronco specifics haha

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks y’all, much appreciated. I think only the vent assembly was swapped because everything else matches and lines up. Looked through some other forums here, it seems like it’s not worth the hassle to switch since it all seals well and I’m probably the only one who notices it.

·
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
18,059 Posts
yeah to be an 80-86 assembly entire door would of had to be replaced. He could verify if his door as the lower body line that it's the orginal 95-96 door. The 80-86 vent assembly requires a wider glass. Just bronco specifics haha
Thicker glass or wider front to back?

Thanks y’all, much appreciated. I think only the vent assembly was swapped because everything else matches and lines up. Looked through some other forums here, it seems like it’s not worth the hassle to switch since it all seals well and I’m probably the only one who notices it.
I would leave it as well. That is the most expensive piece of glass on the bronco. Some asshat broke into mine that way once. Had another shatter as i was trying to break into my own once too lol.

·
Premium Member
5,623 Posts
Thicker glass or wider front to back?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts