Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day to everyone! Hope you are all doing well. I am trying to finish up some interior wiring and need a little assistance. Could any of you provide me with a wiring diagram for a 82 Bronco that shows the wiring for the connectors under the drivers / passenger side seatbelts. I have searched and searched for this info on line. Come close but no cigar. I know part of it is dome light but I can't seem to find the wiring diagram for that exact area. I have blk/pink - blk/blue - g/yellow - blk ground - and then one strange yellow/green wire that doesn't seem to match anything. There might be a couple more wires I've forgotten as I am at work right now and telling this from memory. My connectors were so damaged and wires broken that I couldn't suffice where they all went. Any help is solely appreciated. I know I've wired so correctly because my dome light (map lights don't work) works when door opens and a buzzer sounds off when I turn the key to on. Not sure which buzzer but boy does it sound off! Thanks everyone

·
Super Moderator
24,974 Posts
Yo Spencer,
Until the Cavalry arrives;
1981 F150 Wiring Diagram by Chilton @ Horn quit after pulling steering wheel.
Found:
blk/pink back-up switch to back-up lights in top wiring diagram, far left side

Light green/yellow from ignition module to starter relay on bottom wiring diagram at bottom center

Or Light green/yellow from ECM UNDER DRIVER SEAT to Coolant Tenperature Sensor in bottom diagram far right at bottom

I'm shot now, GOod [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
24,974 Posts
Yo,
yellow/green to horns from horn switch in bottom diagram, far left in middle

Black/blue from light switch to dome light and courtesy lights in top diagram, far right around middle

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As always thank you Miesk for all the quick response and assistance. I did see the yellow green on the diagram you provided. I am a little confused as to where it connects as it is sitting on the diagram by itself. I just have the wire there near the seatbelt and can't figure out where the other end is. It had to connect somewhere down there. What we can't figure out drives one super crazy. The woes of a noobie!!! Also, the ECM you speak of. I googled it and learned that is the engine computer. I did see other images that showed it as the ignition control module. If it is the engine computer where would it be located? Most of the emissions items where removed from my truck before I purchased it. Enlight of that would I still be using the engine computer?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Attached is a photo of what may be the ECM you are speaking of??? I posted this photo months ago to find out what it was but never got an answer that I know of. Sorry the photos are sideways. That part mounts under dash to the right of way steering column.
20190813_163048.jpg
20190813_163104.jpg

·
Super Moderator
24,974 Posts
Yo Spencer,
YW!
Print or Download all "EEC 3 aka EECIII Testing, vacuum & wiring diagrams, locations, etc in an 82" by Tommy @ Wayback Machine
Tommy also wrote "my ECU was mounted underneath the driver's seat."

ECM aka, ECU, EEC, or engine computer.

Other EEC3 Owners or shops have swapped to Duraspark 2 or Megasquirt 1 eec system w/ GM TBI.

For others who may offer more info, does your Bronco have speed (cruise) control?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do have cruise control. Haven't gotten to it yet to find out how to hook it up or check it. I'm not a cruise control person. Rather rely on my foot!! So without all of the original emissions, vacuum lines and etc am I still using the computer? I have ran my ac vacuum lines and transmission to the intake. I will take a look at the above info as you suggested shortly.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good morning Mieske and others. Since I got no response from anyone but Mieske on this whole computer thing I am reaching out again. If I didn't sincerely need the help I would not ask a second or third time. But I really need the help. I have googled and looked at the links Mieske provided. Truth be told I don't understand the whole EEC, EEC II etc. i also went on Wikipedia and read about the Ford EEC stuff. I have tried to get it. Yesterday Mieske stated this "Other EEC3 Owners or shops have swapped to Duraspark 2 or Megasquirt 1 eec system w/ GM TBI". I assume I am a EEC3 owner. That being said. The question is, with most of the emissions items removed from my truck should I unplug the computer in the above photo or do Ieave it as is? I am trying to make sure I am doing everything correctly and it is a little harder coming in behind someone else. Please forgive me for not getting it maybe as quick as others. I hope to hear from you guys.

·
Super Moderator
24,974 Posts
Yo Spencer,
Is the ECM still connected to the harness?
Snap a pic of the carburetor and post it here so others offer an opinion. Looking for two harnesses hooked up to it. Such ss in this image;

Following from 1981 Bronco/F Series Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (EVTM), partial via Gary M @ 1981 EVTM
It should be the same as your 82. If not, then I better give up guessing.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: Good morning to you Mieske and others who may read! Hope everyone is doing great! I have studied all schematics provided and more I found in google searches. I found a posting on this forum recently and have been connecting the wires at my drivers side seatbelt receptacle as stated in the posting. I actually sent a message to the person that posted the information just to confirm and also ask a question. I never heard back from the person so I am pasting what I wrote in hopes that one or more of you fine folks will chime in and answer the questions. Here it is with an included attachment:

Hello, I have been trying to connect wires below the seat belt receptical on the drivers side of my bronc. They were damaged due to weather over the coarse of 20 years. I was reading some older postings on this issue and needed a little assistance if you are still around and don't mind answering my questions. Currently I have these wires going to each other:
blk/blue
green/yellow
blk/pink
blk grounds

I only have one existing connector and have basically spliced them together by color. Is that okay to do that and will everything work as it should just connecting the wires without the connector?

Also, since there were originally two blk ground wires should should they be connected together to create one ground?

I have one wire (yellow/green) that does not have a home. I see no other yellow green wire to connect it to. I noticed in your older post you said you spliced a wire to the yellow/green but I did not see where you connected the wire once it was spliced. What is that yellow green wire for? Someone recently told me it was for the horn. (Horn on schematic is yellow/green hash, I see no hash on mine)
I attached a photo from your post to remind you of the area I am talking about. My wiring is not as in tact as that photo. I have only one connector left that was damaged. If it was I would have no problems!!!

Thank you very much. (if anyone knows where I could possibly get these pigtails new or used let me know)
Capture.PNG

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So good morning to all. Just a quick update. As I recieved no responses and have struggled alone with this yellow black wire issue...i finally found the problem. The yelliw black wire was spliced into the dome lights. Yellow green wire. Why I don't know. Thats why it was not on any if the many schematics given to me ir that I found on goggle. Since it ran in a hidden are there was no way to have known that. I splice and connected to the green yellow and now my map lights work as they should also. I hope this helps someone else in the future. Have a super great 4th and thank you mieske for trying hard to help me as you do so often. Stay cool and groovy everybody

·
Super Moderator
24,974 Posts
Yo Spencer,
Good job!
Sorry for my disappearance, have been under the weather since early Monday morning.

Enjoy the 4th Spencer!
So many gave all they had for us. Now, low-lifers want to eliminate it from our history.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts