Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driver side spring continues to come out of place. When i accelerate from a dead stop the front of the truck lift up and there is a nice thud. I got to to looking and my front shock is blown because the spring continues to come forward and rub against it. 95 EB with a 6 inch drop bracket lift with et inch tires. None of the bushings seem to be blown.

·
Registered
475 Posts
There is an oversized cupped "washer" that is supposed to hold down the bottom of the coil spring. This is held down with a 1 1/8" nut. With a longer coil that comes with lift kits, that stock cupped washer is too small and may allow the bottom of the coil to slip through. The top is held on with the a j-clip of course. Coil is skinny end down and fat end up. Done with the obvious stuff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i realize it is crappy lift and hopefully i will be able to do something about that soon but in the mean time i cant afford anything better lol

Sorry i should have clarified, where the spring is bolted to the ibeam is not the problem. It comes out of the coil bucket the j-clip doesnt seem to do anything to hold the spring in place.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Make sure the j-clip is hooked into the tab and slot and rotated around the spring. It is possible to bolt the j-clip in place without the tabs hooked on the upper cool bucket. This may allow the coil to walk out of the clip. Otherwise post a photo of your spring orientation in the coil bucket

·
Registered
572 Posts
I myself don't run the j clip. I have two 1/4" plates with a 1/2 bolt between them. The lower plate slides in between the first coil. Allows my springs to extend without fear of a little clip bending or breaking.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,094 Posts
Make sure the j-clip is hooked into the tab and slot and rotated around the spring. It is possible to bolt the j-clip in place without the tabs hooked on the upper cool bucket. This may allow the coil to walk out of the clip. Otherwise post a photo of your spring orientation in the coil bucket
:stupid

That was my thoughts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I myself don't run the j clip. I have two 1/4" plates with a 1/2 bolt between them. The lower plate slides in between the first coil. Allows my springs to extend without fear of a little clip bending or breaking.
The way that clip sits in a slot on the bucket and bolts down it isn't going anywhere easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts