Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,878 Posts
My guess, spacer is for different size bolts.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
ok cool, now the bushings, do the raised portion face each other or go opposite of each other

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L
1,811 Posts
Check your housing and make sure it isn't cracked near the mounting holes. Had one break on me and the housing had fatigued and broke. It ended up ripping the drive shaft apart.

Does pressure-washing the underside of a vehicle help in keeping the rust down to a minimum?

That sure looks like an unmaintained section of an ocean-going ship. 😱😳

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,878 Posts
Cheap powder coating and this new calcium chloride. It gets in and under everything. That’s why when I did the New truck, a rust bulleted everything.

All the guys that sand down here or plow are complaining that their trucks are getting eaten up in one season

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L
1,811 Posts
1) Cheap powder coating and this new calcium chloride. It gets in and under everything. That’s why when I did the New truck, a rust bulleted everything.

2) All the guys that sand down here or plow are complaining that their trucks are getting eaten up in one season
1) Yeah; I remember seeing that in your thread (that I couldn't fugging find thanks to the new format:mad:).

2) I can only imagine! 😱 😱 😱

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
194 Posts
@cobrajoe That’s an awesome truck you have. I’ll check your build thread later on. @TravisITGuy Nice work. Looks all new and clean. You’re doing it right.

I’m in FL, shame about deicing chemicals but it’s a necessary evil in saving lives. Sadly, over the years rust/ice claimed many a classic.

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L
1,811 Posts
@cobrajoe
I’m in FL, shame about deicing chemicals but it’s a necessary evil in saving lives. Sadly, over the years rust/ice claimed many a classic.
Here in Idaho; to deice roads they use sand and a thick liquid that looks like light-brown syrup, especially when it splatters on the side of your vehicle.
No corrosion.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well I got the shocks installed and tires mounted back up. Truck drives great, the pulling I was experiencing was directly related to the broken radius arm.

Attachments

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,878 Posts
Glad to hear it worked out.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts