Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Josh here with a noobie question

My driver's seat in my 89 Full Size Bronco broke and I wanted to pull a seat from a junk yard with an arm rest what years and makes should I look for that will match? Thanks ya'll!

·
Registered
91 bronco xlt OJ edition. 5.8 auto
28 Posts
i think any ford truck or suv in that year genre will fit as a r/r minus any electrical bs

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,487 Posts
The link below has a lot of good info in it. Scroll down to the Interior section. There is a lot of seat threads.....

Reactions: 300inline6

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,774 Posts
If you can live without the arm rests and want comfort get a set out of an older mustang , that’s what I have and absolutely love long rides now..... even with one ton rear springs.

Reactions: BigBlue 94

·
Registered
486 Posts
Honestly I always liked the 92-96 high back seats, moreso the 40/20/40 if you can find a set as the jump seat being used strictly as armrests is a lot nicer, even moreso as a bonus for the extra seating if you add in the center belt. If you are concerned with color matching and want to give them a shot, 92-93 for blue, red, and gray, 92-96 for the brown.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
umm a 87-91 bronco or truck is direct swap and perfectly matches. i replaced mine from a same year bronco cost me 60 bucks for both fronts. how is it broke? pretty easy seats to fix also.

·
Registered
659 Posts
This is the first thread over in the tech subforum right now.
Sit down for a few hours and enjoy.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
13,181 Posts
Any seat from any fullsize bronco or supercab pickup will bolt in. Regular cab and crew cab seats are a bit different in how they mount, and have no provisions for rear seat entry.

Most any mustang seat can be made to work. Or any seat from a coupe, where they flip up for rear seat access. I'm about to put some 03 mustang seats in my 85.

·
Super Moderator
26,010 Posts
Yo 300inline6,
Consider 2012 or other year F150 Heated Power Bucket Seat Swap w/ Wiring Diagrams @ Power seat swap

Installation (04 Dodge Pick Up) in an 88
Source: by BUSTERBRONCO at FSB

Installation (Corbeau) in a 90 @ 1990 Ford Bronco seat swap pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
Excerpt; "four bolts hold it down, the hard part is the angle on the front. I needed and extension bc I could not get enough movement in my ratchet. Otherwise, piece of cake...
..here is where those bolts go through the floor pan

Source: by rugerp89ipsc (mean green)

I installed heated air ride seats in my 96 Bronco
@ Bronco seat questions
by gos

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The mounting bracket
The
umm a 87-91 bronco or truck is direct swap and perfectly matches. i replaced mine from a same year bronco cost me 60 bucks for both fronts. how is it broke? pretty easy seats to fix als
umm a 87-91 bronco or truck is direct swap and perfectly matches. i replaced mine from a same year bronco cost me 60 bucks for both fronts. how is it broke? pretty easy seats to fix also.
Yeah which one between the 87-91 have a cold down arm rest....?
I have welded one of the mounting brackets but it keeps breaking.

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
1,070 Posts
Lol.... voice to text....

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
13,181 Posts
Ahem....

Any seat from any fullsize bronco or supercab pickup will bolt in. Regular cab and crew cab seats are a bit different in how they mount, and have no provisions for rear seat entry.
Not all had the captain's chairs, but any from 80-96 (97 f250HD and f350) broncos and supercab pickups will work.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
ahem.... again....
Ahem....

Not all had the captain's chairs, but any from 80-96 (97 f250HD and f350) broncos and supercab pickups will work.
Any seat will fit if you got a welder a cutting tool and or a sledge hammer!
I have seen some pretty weird seat cross overs, like my neighbor who has 2.5 bolts holding Honda seats in his Neon ! Hope he don’t wreck!!

·
Registered
1980; 347 stroker; Holley Sniper EFI
232 Posts
If you can live without the arm rests and want comfort get a set out of an older mustang , that’s what I have and absolutely love long rides now..... even with one ton rear springs.
Can you post a picture?? Very curious

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Can you post a picture?? Very curious
I can get you some tomorrow it’s at my shop with a partially busted t-Case. I’ll include the underside as well. The mustang they came out of was about the same year give or take 6-7 and I spited it rear ended with a buddy needing a donor car for a cobra kit, my finders fee was any parts I wanted that he didn’t need.

Reactions: ianmurphy

·
Addicted to Junk
13,181 Posts
I just put a 03 mustang seat in my 85 bronco yesterday.

Check out the last post in my build thread

1985 All-Purpose Build

The holes were already there, I just had to drill em bigger and tap two, then the front two to match. Of course idk if the 89 has the same seat mount pattern.

·
Registered
659 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
BB94, why do you still use SuperMotors for picture hosting?
FSB's new software makes picture hosting really easy and easier to view.

·
Addicted to Junk
13,181 Posts
BB94, why do you still use SuperMotors for picture hosting?
FSB's new software makes picture hosting really easy and easier to view.
Because I trust them to not lose my stuff. I'm also on a mobile phone, so anything I dont upload there gets lost when I get a new phone. For random pics, I do use the attachment feature quite often. Plus I have 14 years of pics over there.

Reactions: CZ Eddie
1 - 20 of 34 Posts