Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading up on the types of flanges, pinion yokes, etc and needed some help clearing up some confusion as I've never really messed with my driveshaft so my knowledge is very limited. I'm rebuilding a sterling 10.5 that I will be replacing my 8.8 in the near future. If I'm correct from my researching, my 96 has a companion flange which I think is the round piece on the transfer case, which is for the 1330. The 10.5 (from an 03) has the 1410 yoke. I've seen online where you can buy the 1350 for the 10.5 but I'm still unsure about changing out the companion flange on the transfercase. Is the best way to change out the companion flange to accept the 1350 and have the 1350 yoke installed on the sterling 10.5? Do they make aftermarket parts to do this? Or is there a way to just keep the 1410 yoke that was part of the 10.5 and change out the companion flange to accept 1410. I'm also aware that I'll need a custom driveshaft made, but I'm still very confused on how to go about changing the yokes to accept the new driveshaft. Am I making things more complicated than they need to be or am I on the right path?

Thanks as always.

Would these be the correct parts to swap?
http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/p52...350_series_flange_yoke_fits_8.8_inch_rea.html

http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/p26...ion_flange_fits_ford_8.8_inch_rear_ends_.html

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Yeah, I think your over thinking this. Don't worry about the T-case side. On the axle side you can get a 1350/1410 conversion U-joint and be done with it. Or you could swap the axle yoke to a 1350.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I think your over thinking this. Don't worry about the T-case side. On the axle side you can get a 1350/1410 conversion U-joint and be done with it. Or you could swap the axle yoke to a 1350.
Ok that sound so much simpler. So the TC end is a 1350 or a 1330? I just found out they make 1350 companion flange yokes that will bolt up to the TC end so if I end up replacing that part, I would just have to get a driveshaft built that has 1350 ends and buy a 1350/1410 u-joint conversion for the axle side. Does this sound like the easiest route? And btw your bumpers are on my "to buy" list lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts