Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, how's it going?

I have been trying for a while now to find a used rear driveshaft with no luck. Everyone can order me a new one, but I really can't afford $175+ right now. I was just wondering if any of you in North Georgia know someone that has an extra one or has seen a bronco at a local junkyard. Either the whole shaft or just the slip yoke would be fine. Thanks!:thumbup

--Jeff

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
How about having the one you have rebuilt??? I've heard in some cases they're better than new...

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I checked locally about having a new slip splines and a rear yoke put in my old one. They told me to forget about it, they could build me a new one cheaper. Still $275, tho.

·
Registered
632 Posts
hey blkbronco, how do you like those 35x17 m/t's, i found a set close by for sale and was wondering how they held up and look, got any more pics of them on your truck??

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
What exactly is wrong with yours that you need a new one? In most cases, Unless its bent or broken, It can be rebuilt and or rebalanced and be prefectly fine. Much cheaper in most cases then a new driveshaft as well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well guys, yesterday I finally found a slip yoke (new) at a driveshaft place, and was about $50. I replaced everything on the rear end sie, now the damn transfer case end is slacking. I hoping it's just the ujoints on that side.

SouthernComfort: Yeah I love my tires, they're great. They came with the truck when I bought it, but they guys said he had a set before and would never buy anything else! They ride pretty good too! Here's the address to my gallery w/ a few pics:

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/albumview.cfm?num=4475

·
Registered
541 Posts
Rear End?

BroncoBilly96 said:
I have one, But which part of it do you need. The whole thing? PM me and I will give you more info.
Hey BroncoBilly,you dont by chance have a busted rear end lying around do you? :histerica

1 - 8 of 8 Posts