Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys let me start off by saying if tried the search thing but after 50 pages my eyelids are down to my knees, and ive found very little info on this, i want to lift my bronc 4" no more for good street manners cause its my dd. ive heard that some guys with just drop down brackets for their radius arms may or have heard of possible frame damage by usuing them, some extreme cases of them even tearing off the frame! im on a buget, who isnt right? like i said its my dd and my 4 year old daughter goes everywhere with me, i know the extended arm kits are pricey, but are they for a dd that does the occasional off roading, probably 2 times a month. that includes trail driving, some mudding, tire arent too good for it, and some light rocks, nothing extreme. or will the drop down brackets be ok for this type off driving. i respect your opinions and havent steered me wrong yet. i just want this thing to be safe and hold up. thanx ps if i missed it somewhere in the search, then feel free to flame:

·
Registered
809 Posts
ok guys let me start off by saying if tried the search thing but after 50 pages my eyelids are down to my knees, and ive found very little info on this, i want to lift my bronc 4" no more for good street manners cause its my dd. ive heard that some guys with just drop down brackets for their radius arms may or have heard of possible frame damage by usuing them, some extreme cases of them even tearing off the frame! im on a buget, who isnt right? like i said its my dd and my 4 year old daughter goes everywhere with me, i know the extended arm kits are pricey, but are they for a dd that does the occasional off roading, probably 2 times a month. that includes trail driving, some mudding, tire arent too good for it, and some light rocks, nothing extreme. or will the drop down brackets be ok for this type off driving. i respect your opinions and havent steered me wrong yet. i just want this thing to be safe and hold up. thanx ps if i missed it somewhere in the search, then feel free to flame:
For occasional wheeling the drops will be fine. The horror stories you've heard about frame damage and whatnot are extreme cases I believe. I have never heard of anyone having a problem with them unless they actually got the drop brackets hung on a big rock, in which case they can break. I wouldn't think you would subject your DD to that type of wheeling. Just remember they are there if you are ever in that situation and I'm sure you will be fine. And welcome to the club:beer

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
The drop brackets put alot of extra stress on the frame where they mount.

What kit are you looking at getting? You say you have decided on a 4 inch kit. That being said I would say get the Rancho 4 inch kit with extended radius arms.

Most of your lower end kits with drop brackets and blocks for the rear will be in the $500-600 range. You can get the Rancho kit with ERAs and add-a-leaves for the rear for $777 from Advance Auto(Parts America). Completly worth it if you ask me.

I will be going with the Rancho kit when I do mine in the Spring. Spend a little extra and do it right, instead of going back later and swapping from drop brackets to ERAs like some people here have done.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Most of your lower end kits with drop brackets and blocks for the rear will be in the $500-600 range. You can get the Rancho kit with ERAs and add-a-leaves for the rear for $777 from Advance Auto(Parts America). Completly worth it if you ask me.
rancho kit with ext arms and addl? for under 800 thats a steal! i gotta check that out
I paid a little more then $800. for mine with extended arms. I know when I bought mine it came with coil springs but only cause of a internet error that I had to point out to Rancho. The last time i check their site it stated coil springs sold separate, it's been a few yrs since i checked it so i would look into it cause thats an additional $120 for the coils.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
I paid a little more then $800. for mine with extended arms. I know when I bought mine it came with coil springs but only cause of a internet error that I had to point out to Rancho. The last time i check their site it stated coil springs sold separate, it's been a few yrs since i checked it so i would look into it cause thats an additional $120 for the coils.
I stand corrected. The coils to go with the kit are an additional $175. Being Rancho, it is still worth the money though.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I stand corrected. The coils to go with the kit are an additional $175. Being Rancho, it is still worth the money though.
Did you read it on their site? I just checked quickly and didn't see it.You know when I complained to Rancho they sent one set and when it didn't get here when they stated, I called and complained again well to my surprise I got 2 sets on the same day.:chili::chili::chili:And due to their online error I got them for free.:chili::chili::chili: Did I return the extra set HELL no.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Did you read it on their site? I just checked quickly and didn't see it.You know when I complained to Rancho they sent one set and when it didn't get here when they stated, I called and complained again well to my surprise I got 2 sets on the same day.:chili::chili::chili:And due to their online error I got them for free.:chili::chili::chili: Did I return the extra set HELL no.
Yeah, I read back over the product description. The kit doesnt come with the coils. They are listed seperatly.

I have found that with Rancho, it all depends on where you get the kit from. Some places sell everything in one kit, and others sell it like Ramcho packages it. Seperate.

Mass, check your PMs.:thumbup

·
Registered
97 Posts
just got the rancho kit with arms less than a month ago,no springs.i got a set of rough country springs,rides niiiice. i hear the rancho springs are kinda rough

·
Erik
1,847 Posts
I have the drop down brackets and haven't had any problems off road yet. But I wish I went with extended arms. Good thing I'm doing an sas. But even if you only do light wheeling I would still recommend the extended arms. :beer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts