Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im going around to find the correct drop hitch for my truck... well it seems i have run into a problem. all the hitches seem to hit the back of the reciever hole before i can put the pin in... what is the measurement you guys get from the end of the reciever to the middle of the hole.... is this 2 3/4 correct because i think mine can only work with 2'' is there such a thing?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi,

You didn't say if the receiver hitch was new or old. If it's old, I'd recommend starting out by probing the receiver with a large flat-blade screwdriver to see if that dislodges anything inside & frees up an extra 3/4" of clearance for your hitch. You'd be surprised what junk accumulates back there - mud, dirt, crap.

If yours is new, then consider having someone grind 3/4" off the back of your hitch to align the pin holes. It's not going to affect your towing as long your pin is good & tight. Any welder should be willing to trim the length of your hitch insert for $20 or (usually much!) less.

Good luck!

·
Registered
777 Posts
X2

I've backed into a dirt bank and literally packed my receiver full of dirt. No telling what might be in there. Let me know if you find Jimmy Hoffa.

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no gold... : (
i ended up going to a tralier and hitch supply store and they cut off the 3/4'' extra for 10 bucks.... thanks for the idea....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts