Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and didn't find what I was looking for... Can a mid 70's drum Dana 44 be converted to disc brakes without having to fabricate everything? What year solid Dana 44 would best for the 92/93 ??

Thanks...

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok... that's good info to know... thanks... :thumbup now I know what to look for... sorta... LOL :shrug

·
Registered
489 Posts
Tomh971 said:
ok... that's good info to know... thanks... :thumbup now I know what to look for... sorta... LOL :shrug
If you're still shopping for an axle search for a 76-77 f-150 axle, they are hands down beefier than the 78-79 axles.

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much are those going for on average?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Tomh971 said:
how much are those going for on average?
the usual $150 - $450 CDN up this way, the deals are out there. In some cases it's cheaper to just buy the whole truck though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok this is what I am doing. I have a 83 Bronco that I ripped the TTB out of. I kept the rotors, calipers and all the other misc stuff I could use when I switched to the D44 out of a 74 something. But anyway it had drums. I used the brackets from here http://broncograveyard.com/products/cat/18/104/0/50
and put all the stuff together. It mounts up perfectly. They have all the other stuff there if you need it also but it gets expensive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts