Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My, club Mud Sweat & Gears, has been asked to host the Drummand island Offroad Adventure August 27th thru the 29th. this year BF GOODRICH as I have been told will be there giveing a donation to help keep the trails open and mantained. I am not sure if there rigs will be there we are hopeing. it is $45.00 a person and that includes dinner and two days of guided trail rides. there will also a raffle at the dinner and have been told that BFG will be giving a set of tires.
this is the link to MSG's page and link to registration. I hope to see some of you gent's and ladies there

http://www.msg4x4club.com club page

http://www.msg4x4club.com/events.htm this is the Doa page

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I can't commit due to financial reasons but I'll plan on it. Bronco should be ready to go by then and I'd love to go up there if for nothing else than the scenery.

There are campgrounds on the island right?

·
Registered
200 Posts
That's priced very reasonable consdering that's for 2 days of wheelin and then they feed you a dinner. Sounds like a cool event.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
glad to see some intrest, sorry to say my bronco will not make it. it is still in to many peaces and no money to finish it but I will have the cherokee up there, yes I know it is a jeep.

·
Registered
589 Posts
There are campgrounds on the island right?
yes there are campgrounds. I always use Township Park campground. we go up to drummond 3-4 times a year.

RLEVS will you guys be doing Turtle Ridge Offroad Park on the island as well?

I already have plans to go up there next weekend and again in september, so i dont know if the wife will allow me to squeeze in another trip up in august, but its worth a shot right worst she can say is NO?:haha

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I'll know more about if I can go or not in a week or two.

How much does the ferry cost? I'd likely pull a large pop up style camper with me, so the Bronco and a single axle trailer.
Any other info about Drummond? Groceries available for a decent price? Propane fill etc, the basic camping stuff. I assume gas stations too...I know that's a dumb question probably. Only island I've been on is Mackinac Island.

·
Registered
589 Posts
How much does the ferry cost? I'd likely pull a large pop up style camper with me, so the Bronco and a single axle trailer.
Any other info about Drummond? Groceries available for a decent price? Propane fill etc, the basic camping stuff. I assume gas stations too...I know that's a dumb question probably. Only island I've been on is Mackinac Island.
one gas station, i believe they offer propane(pry cheaper on mainland though), groceries are available, can get most anything for camping. keep in mind everything is more expensive on the island than off, some things more so than others, so pack what you can fit. ferry costs can be found on the drummond island website. ferry should leave every hour on the hour, or if its busy they will have both running.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
So at 385 miles from me it and 13mpg that's $156 just in fuel. And I assume I won't get that pulling the camper....Shit. I want to go. I'll have to convince the wife though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts