Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the door wiring harness one piece to the rest of the cab harness? Asking cause it seams I have some damaged wiring in the door the is cutting on and off. Was wondering if I am going to have to do some wire splicing or if I can just unlpug it and get the door section from a junkyard. Sorry I'd do a search, but unfortunely I'm on a date and the ds window didn't want to go up, had to take the door panel off andwiggle the harness to get it to work. Fortunely I'm early for the date and she hasn't gotten here yet. Lol

·
Registered
710 Posts
yeah, usually something breaks in the part that bends (it's covered in a flexible rubber boot).

Don't worry about it now, unless you want to impress her by fixing your car. If she doesn't like you because your window doesn't go up then find a good mechanic chick!!!

Luckily you've got vent windows!!!

·
Premium Member
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya its for a 96. I managed to get the window up before she got there, she was running late fortunely. lol
So the Ds door harness goes from the DS to the PS kick pannel? or is it just part of the interior harness that goes under the dash to the cluster and so on? Trying to determine if I should just figure out which wires are the issue and cut and replace them or replace the whole piece. I believe there are several wires that are damaged. I know the speakers cut in and out from time to time and seams that the windows have the issue now as well. After I got the DS window to go up I noticed that the PS would not move, I did not try the PS switch thought. I know there is a 96 in a local pick n pull near me....wondering if i should pull the harness out of there and use it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts